VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Noise and DSG Issue (maybe related)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Andysnowmi 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2008 R32 MkV.
I did a complete service for my car, changed all the fluids, filters and change also the belt. after all of this service the car has some new noises like a kind of vacuum nose that i didn't have it before.
All was fine since i started to went downhill and without pressing the accelerator it started to come up a belt noise, like a squeak, the pressing again the accelerator the noise disappear. and this is the first issue.
Second issue is that sometimes the 1st gear of the DSG is blinking and slow to engage, plus sometimes in the restarting from still and decelerating the car completely shut down and i have to restart it. and this is the second issue
I found also a whistle noise after the repair shop replaced the gasket of the engine cover, same like in this video: www . youtube . com / watch ?v=Wl7guwee8u0

before the replacement of the gasket i didn't have the noise.

Any help will be appreciate. thanks

#2 ·
Belt noise: This could be a couple things. Sometimes when you replace a belt and it's nice and tight it exposes some bearings that were used to the old belt tension. So it could be a bearing in the rollers, tensioner, or water pump, etc. First, you should spray belt dressing on the belt and see if the noise goes away. If not, then you need a mechanics stethascope and will have to listen to the pulleys and find out which one is making the noise. I just did this on mine and it ended up being the water pump.

Blinking DSG: What you mean "blinking"? The lights on the dash for the gears? If so this sounds like a mechatronics issue. The stalling could be a whole slew of things, considering you have a whistle I would check for vacuum leaks.

Engine cover: You mean valve cover? The whistle sound is only when moving or just coming from the engine itself?

How many miles on the car?

Good luck man, to be honest this car is nothing but a nightmare money pit for most owners. Watch out for fuel coming out the passenger fender liner after long drives in the heat (mine did this even though the recall showed it had been done, once I got in the tank I found the old valve still in there), does your car idle steady at 500 RPM or sometimes increase when in traffic?, once the car gets hot it might start to sputter from low fuel pressure (replacing the fuel pump won't fix it trust me, I suspect low voltage somewhere), clunks and clanks from the suspension, the list goes on and on with this thing and it ain't cheap to fix. Just an FYI.

#3 ·
Problem solved

So, after many trips to the shop where i did the service i solved the troubles with the poor idling and the noise belt and the dsg.
So basically the vaccum noise that was coming from the valve cover was giving all those issues. The shop replaces the pcv valve and all started to work properly.
The car has 120000km, and because the unknown history i did a big service for all the components that needed.
Now i hope to enjoy it a bit and also hoping that it will not start to break piece by piece.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.