VWVortex.com - New Member
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New Member

1. 04-01-2020 03:52 PM #1
      Hi Everyone!

My name is Eric. I am 20 years old and reside in Jupiter, Florida. I own a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T Sport Automatic Sedan and wanted to ask if anyone located in South Florida would be able to recommend both a Volkswagen service department and an independent repair shop? Thank you!

Best,
      Eric

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '90 Corrado_G60 5spd, '04 Jetta Wagon TDI 5spd, '13 Jetta Wagon TDI 6spd (4 wife), '19 E-Golf SE
      04-17-2020 12:53 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by ELS3008 View Post
      My name is Eric. I am 20 years old and reside in Jupiter, Florida. I own a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8T Sport Automatic Sedan and wanted to ask if anyone located in South Florida would be able to recommend both a Volkswagen service department and an independent repair shop?
      Welcome! For dealer stuff, my collection of VW's has been going to Wallace VW in Stuart for 14 years. I deal exclusively with David Zambor (one of two VW Service writers they have whose first name is David). If you go there, tell Dave Z: "The guy with the '19 e-Golf said to come see you." (I have the only one around)

For independent mechanic stuff: Angel's Autocare has taken care of everything from A/C compressor swaps to dual mass flywheel swaps in my wife's car. It helps she was friends with the owner, before she started taking her car there... If you go there, tell the owner "Mark and Kim with the diesel VW's recommended this shop".

For all the routine stuff, I deal with that myself, but I've been dealing with and wrenching on my own VW's for 30+ years. (Routine = oil changes, tire rotations, suspension refresh, thermostat swaps, hose swaps, half shaft swaps, adding trailer hitches, interior swaps).

With a CPO VW, you likely won't have any issues for quite some miles to come, if you leave it stock and regularly service it (and don't beat the snot out of it). My collection of VW's are basically stock, other than wheels and stealth upgrades. Our 2004 Jetta Wagon with 232k on it drove to Maine two summers ago, because a maintained VW should be able to take you anywhere you want to drive.

Word to the wise: when summer comes, be sure to keep plenty of tread on your tires. Afternoon thunderstorms can drop 1" or more of rain, and it's not uncommon to see people hydroplaning & causing accidents on the interstate.