VWVortex.com - 1999 Polo 6N1 Ac works for 3 minuters
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1999 Polo 6N1 Ac works for 3 minuters

1. 04-26-2020 10:26 PM #1
      Good Day to u all, this is my first post.
      Have a polo 6n1 1.4 Petrol had the gas recharged but compressor only runs for about 3 minutes then switches off might not come on again for a few hours. Does this whether engine is hot or first thing in the morning with a cold engine.
      Any Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 04-28-2020 05:58 PM #2
      Ok still no update. I want to check the Ac high Pressure switch nut have been looking and just not seeing it, can someone say where it is located in this model?
      Thanks

4. 05-03-2020 08:58 PM #3
      I had it re-gassed and the tech says the pressure is ok.
      I located the pressure switch it is under the right fender behind the wheel/fender splash guard
      I removed the wire from the pressure switch and shorted the pins and it essentially behaved the same way.
      I tested the contacts on the switch and got a closed on pins 1 and 2 which turns on the compressor but strangely got an open on pins 3 and 4 although when the ac runs the radiator fan does switch to the higher speed.
      I measured the voltage on the cable and noted that on pins 3 and 4 its approx 13.2 volts and on 1 and 2 12.6
      I am now trying to find a wiring diagram for the ac circuit also a diagram of the fuse box layout , searching the web seem to bring up diagrams of other models so if anyone can provide me with a diagram and any ideas what to check next I would be grateful.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat 2.5
      08-04-2020 12:36 AM #4
      Take a close eye to your electrics, they seem to be crapping out due to something shorting out. Doubt its a mechanical issue but that doesn't exclude that possibility.