F-250 SD Lariat 6.7/ MK4 Jetta R32T DBP
      05-06-2020 12:12 PM #26
      ECS stage 5(18z & 355mm rotors)

Only needs a 10mm spacer to clear both Aristos and RCs

(Old pic)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Jetta .:R32 - https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ject-Redefined

Quote Originally Posted by Optima
      Love something that is frustrating yet rewarding. Sell it and regret it.
      Such is the life of a true auto enthusiast.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Golf R32 mk4
      05-06-2020 02:39 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by ch355 View Post
      It all depends on the rotor/disc your running with the 18z. I had both bmw 5x120 Rc300 and Rc303 and both did not clear my Yellow 18z set.
      So i sold my yellow 18z's. I needed brakes so i ended up selling both RC's and went with the Ultraleggera's.
      Purchased 18'z again but this time in red.

I run Audi ttrs 370x32 fronts and Audi s6 330x22 rears.

The issue is the Stock r32 334x32 disc 'hat' (where wheel mounts on) is only 35mm and 3mm tall from the disc face.

In comparison to the ttrs 370x32, the hat is 49.8mm and 17.8mm tall from the disc face, pretty much like having a 17mm spacer already on it.
      My Ultraleggera's clear it without a spacer and has about 7mm wheel to 18z clearance.
      Although with my setup, it runs a 6-7mm back spacer which sits on the hub, behind the disc to push it out for knuckle clearance at the front.
      Problem with 370mm disc i can only run 19inch wheels.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...dcf3a518_b.jpg

I put a new master in mine and have no issues with it, feeling is 90% close to stock and thats running 6pot fronts and 4pot rears.
      Oem caliper is retained and used as the parkbrake.

edit: i have alot of build pics on my Instagram.
      Love your setup! Did you custom build adapters for the 18z and TTRS discs? Or is someone making them?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV RS .:R, '12 PG Tiguan 6MT
      05-06-2020 07:30 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by IIsides View Post
      ECS stage 5(18z & 355mm rotors)

Only needs a 10mm spacer to clear both Aristos and RCs

(Old pic)

Amazing! I already run 10's in the front and 20's in the rear. This is the info i was looking for! Hopefully with the 334 mm rotor setup vs the 355 setup itll stay the same!!

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      MKIV .:R 32 RS - Funday baby
      '12 Tiguan - 6 speed manual - Stock - Daily driver
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

Vehicles
      2004 .:R32 // 2009 Tundra
      05-06-2020 08:07 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by lil'red View Post
      Amazing! I already run 10's in the front and 20's in the rear. This is the info i was looking for! Hopefully with the 334 mm rotor setup vs the 355 setup itll stay the same!!

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      The problem I think with that ECS stage 5 setup vs the normal R32 discs is that ECS utilizes specific adapters to accommodate those discs, and the caliper and rotor has an offset that is much more friendly when it comes to wheels... when you keep the R32 rotors, the adapter you use obviously centers the calipers over them, and they have such a low offset that when you mount a wheel, you need a lot of spacing there for the aristos to clear. The stage 5 kit uses rotors with a different design and offset, the hats pertrude out further and thus the calipers sit in further, giving you a built in spacer essentially, which lets you use a much smaller spacer to clear... I know I read this somewhere hahaha but I think you’ll find that unless you go with that ECS stage 5 kit, 10’s won’t clear... I’m certain of it

2009 Tundra // 2004 .:R32

6. Member
      Vehicles
      05-06-2020 08:25 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by osin34 View Post
      The problem I think with that ECS stage 5 setup vs the normal R32 discs is that ECS utilizes specific adapters to accommodate those discs, and the caliper and rotor has an offset that is much more friendly when it comes to wheels... when you keep the R32 rotors, the adapter you use obviously centers the calipers over them, and they have such a low offset that when you mount a wheel, you need a lot of spacing there for the aristos to clear. The stage 5 kit uses rotors with a different design and offset, the hats pertrude out further and thus the calipers sit in further, giving you a built in spacer essentially, which lets you use a much smaller spacer to clear... I know I read this somewhere hahaha but I think you’ll find that unless you go with that ECS stage 5 kit, 10’s won’t clear... I’m certain of it

Yeah.. i was hoping... the guys at sf tuning asked one of their customers with an 18z setup on 334's. He needed 20 mm spacers to clear stock wheels. Still somewhat manageable as im running 20's in the rear... ill just hzve to play around when i get everything pieced together.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

Vehicles
      05-06-2020 08:59 PM #31
      Exactly, it’s all a learning curve.. I searched high and low, and still didn’t have a clue til I got them on and started fitting wheels and spacers.. you’ll get it dialed in and it’s gunna look and feel awesome man! You won’t regret it!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-06-2020 09:00 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by osin34 View Post
      Exactly, it’s all a learning curve.. I searched high and low, and still didn’t have a clue til I got them on and started fitting wheels and spacers.. you’ll get it dialed in and it’s gunna look and feel awesome man! You won’t regret it!

Haha for sure. No regrets. Was just seeking information so im prepared for everything to come. but wheres the fun in that right???

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

9. 05-06-2020 09:58 PM #33
      I know this game. I have purchased 22.5, 27.5, and 30mm spacers from ECS to make a couple different sets of 17s play nice with the 17zs. Plus all the other spacers I have collected over the years. I did buy SRS fenders though. Planning to run 9s square with a 275/40/17s. It’s a lot of trial and error.

10. 05-12-2020 08:19 PM #34
      Thanks for all the quality info! im hoping to not have to sell wheels to fit brakes the wife will not like that at all. So my plan is to stick with the 334 front setup and i guess run spacers to clear. I should be able to get away with it fitment wise. Ive always admired the mods youve done. I'd love to see that car.... If you werent so far away haha

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-DubbVR6 View Post
      What new master did you end up using?
      Put in the same r32 master, but new.

Quote Originally Posted by AdFr View Post
      Love your setup! Did you custom build adapters for the 18z and TTRS discs? Or is someone making them?
      Both adapters are from Epytec Germany

11. Member
      Vehicles
      06-02-2020 04:36 PM #35
      Did a test fit today. Picked up some 15 mm spacers they dont work. 20's do for sure... 17.5 might JUST clear with the bbs rc's. But ill keep an eye oyt for what I can get locally..

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

12. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      06-30-2020 12:23 AM #36
      Thanks for all the info boys!! I wound up with a front and rear set of 6 piston 17z that I'm setting up thanks to all the info you guys have shared with us. It's going to be a killer set up with a custom color that's going to POP!! Going to be a while till I get it all taken care of but pix will follow.
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

13. Member
      Vehicles
      06-30-2020 12:50 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by GOT R32? View Post
      Thanks for all the info boys!! I wound up with a front and rear set of 6 piston 17z that I'm setting up thanks to all the info you guys have shared with us. It's going to be a killer set up with a custom color that's going to POP!! Going to be a while till I get it all taken care of but pix will follow.
      Nice!!! I've got everything to install the fronts right now... but they're ugly and In not gonna install them till theyre powdercoated in the fall... im going with a bit of an out there colour... but it should look pretty awesome! then Ill just pick a day over the winter to throw it all together and next spring (for wookies) itll be all nice and fresh!

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

14. Member
      Vehicles
      MKIV.:R32 & MKVI.:R 2.:R's are better than one .:R!
      06-30-2020 01:15 AM #38
      I'm going with a custom powdercoat and Porsche decals that will match the wheels and body but pop at the same time. Hope to get around 2 years out of the coating. Since I track the car 2-4 times a year and autocross between track days, the heat I was told will degrade the powdercoating. All good no worries Ill just get them redone when they fade.
      UNDER STEER MUST DIE!!! As my skills/abilities increase UNDER STEER magically disappears!!!
      Stock is like virginity: Useless and should be gotten rid as soon as possible!!!!

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 06:24 AM #39
      Glad all the info could help! Stoked to see the color you chose! My only regret with this whole setup is that I didn’t get mine powder coated from the get go.. wish I had instead of paint. It’s held up good so far especially how I drive the car but, powder holds up far better.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      06-30-2020 06:41 PM #40
      Id be curious as to the dimentions of the front 17z vs 18z i couldnt find that ibfo anywhere.. the rears are the same aparently..but we should measure width and length for compairison purposes.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      '07 TR GTI - Gone

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 08:19 PM #41
      Id be curious as to the dimentions of the front 17z vs 18z i couldnt find that ibfo anywhere.. the rears are the same aparently..but we should measure width and length for compairison purposes.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon
      I’d like to know the same for sure. Only thing I could find was that people said the width is basically the same just the depth and height might be slightly different.. very curious for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12