VWVortex.com - New to forum
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New to forum

1. 05-11-2020 12:13 PM #1
      Hi there, recently got myself a 337 edition..
      She's in a bit of a state and has some issues relating to age and previous lack of giving a shoot..
      Having said that I knew she'd be a bit of a resto project.. I've sourced front fenders from a breakers in Ontario..as you can see drivers side needs it badly..
      Has anyone got experience dealing with door drop, my drivers door stops maybe 5mm when opening or closing and it's taking a toll on the door and body, hinges look fine but I dont wanna start to replace them.only to find it's not them at all or they can be adjusted to get rid of the drop?
      Next question, I've a fluctuating idle, it goes between 700-900 constantly never just sits and hums.
      On radio when I start to accelerate i can hear a building whine that changes with gear shifting, is this radio issue or alternator issue? Idk why I think alternator, probably some bull**** I heard years back..
      Lastly the sills on the side, I need to take em off to address the paint on front side of rear wheel wells, the paint is turned to paper. Metal seems solid underneath albeit with surface oxidation. How likely is it that I'll need some welding assistance to reattach sideskirt moldings ?

Last piece, anyone know where I find some 80mm center caps for the 18" BBS rims on it? I dont want the whole thing just the vw decal or even the plastic its attached to..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2002 337 GTI
      05-16-2020 10:52 PM #2
      Yum

Vehicles
      2002 337 GTI
      05-22-2020 10:31 PM #3
      Hi Guys I’m not new to Vortex, but it’s been awhile....since I lost my Corrado G60 in 2011.
      My brother totaled her....my baby... nugget yellow ;/ anyway. I just picked up a 2002 1.8 T, 6 speed 337.
      Has her for 0ne week, the ABS light came on. I’m aware what that means. But the second is a triangle in a circle. I’ve been googling and I csnt find what that means. Lol also how the hell do I upload a picture on this bitch . Vortex has changed.

Erika xo

5. 05-23-2020 04:22 PM #4
      First light is ABS second one that lights up is the ASR. Both rely on the abs speed sensors to work as far as I know. I had a back one go when I bought mine and it was the same 2 lights coming on.
      Shame your brother totalled your old one, but hey look now you've a limited edition one

6. 05-23-2020 04:33 PM #5
      Just a wee update, front rockers are rotted so they gotta go but it's not all bad. They not completely rotten the whole way..just about 25% from what I can see without removing the side skirts.. think I've found a place, NorAm parts, that has replacement rockers but till I see an actual product picture I'm reluctant to go order.. breakers I usually use has them, cuts to order too..now I just need to find a body shop that's willing to cut out what's rotten, put in the new piece and then just give her back..gonna try my hand at painting, it cant be worse than it is now seeing as how the paint isnt even attached to the body panels in some spots down there..

7. 05-23-2020 04:42 PM #6
      Before and halfway thru prepping drivers side. The bottom of fender was rusty but it's not thru the metal and it cleaned up pretty good..

8. 05-23-2020 04:43 PM #7
      It's probably help to include the close up of the rusty bit..

9. 05-29-2020 05:11 PM #8
      Slowly but surely she's coming into shape. Got my 'new' door pulls today