The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2021 Toyota Venza

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      05-20-2020 09:29 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The V6 hybrid system in the LC/LS actually looks really good. I think Toyota might be drawing a line in the sand and reserving the V6 hybrids for Lexus. I hope the next NX gets a power boost with both of its powerplants as well. A hybrid built around the 2.0T would be enough.
      I think the next Tundra will also get the V6 hybrid, so Toyota will use that engine at least on the largest Toyota branded trucks and SUVs.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      05-20-2020 09:35 PM #77
      The Venza is back!
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

05-21-2020 06:28 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      The Harrier is finally here!
      fixed
      Proud long-term employee at TheRetrofitSource family of companies

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD - Volk Racing | Stoptech | Morimoto Lighting | SOS Performance | MESO Customs | XenonDepot | GTechniq
      2015 Triumph Street Triple - Full build | 4 miles

Vehicles
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      05-21-2020 09:42 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      The Venza is back!
      It should have never left. I'll never understand that original decision.
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      05-21-2020 10:30 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      It should have never left. I'll never understand that original decision.
      Like I mentioned before, mainstream CUV buyers at large do not want to pay more for more mature wagon-like styling, especially with no added power. They will pay more for rugged, adventurous, "I'm an up-for-anything-kind-of-guy-or-gal" styling and image projection. OG Venza sales took a sharp decline while the rest of the CUV market was really heating up. Meanwhile, the 4Runner continued to get old AF and sales are off the charts.

I'm afraid this one could be the same story. This car looks like a great Lexus NX to me, pushing the next gen RX to grow to the size it really should be.

05-21-2020 11:03 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Like I mentioned before, mainstream CUV buyers at large do not want to pay more for more mature wagon-like styling, especially with no added power. They will pay more for rugged, adventurous, "I'm an up-for-anything-kind-of-guy-or-gal" styling and image projection. OG Venza sales took a sharp decline while the rest of the CUV market was really heating up. Meanwhile, the 4Runner continued to get old AF and sales are off the charts.

I'm afraid this one could be the same story. This car looks like a great Lexus NX to me, pushing the next gen RX to grow to the size it really should be.
      Meh I just think the CUV segment has continued to grow and is open to more permutations. It's the same reason Chevrolet has the Blazer and Hyundai has the Sante Fe.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2020 12:03 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Meh I just think the CUV segment has continued to grow and is open to more permutations. It's the same reason Chevrolet has the Blazer and Hyundai has the Sante Fe.
      That's true but this is a little different IMO.

The mid-size CUV segment absolutely makes 100% sense if:

you offer more interior space
      you offer at least higher powered option

You do neither like the Venza, and you limit your potential, which is probably why Toyota said they think this will move about the same units annually (~50k) as the RAV4 does in a good month. That's fine, but let's admit that they are cutting the market much thinner than the Blazer, Santa Fe, Murano, Sorentos of the world. Or even the original Highlander, which was more of a true-mid-sizer/less school bus than the subsequent generations.

05-21-2020 01:31 PM #83
      That's true but this is a little different IMO.

The mid-size CUV segment absolutely makes 100% sense if:

you offer more interior space
      you offer at least higher powered option

You do neither like the Venza, and you limit your potential, which is probably why Toyota said they think this will move about the same units annually (~50k) as the RAV4 does in a good month. That's fine, but let's admit that they are cutting the market much thinner than the Blazer, Santa Fe, Murano, Sorentos of the world. Or even the original Highlander, which was more of a true-mid-sizer/less school bus than the subsequent generations.
      Compact CUV segment is now the largest new vehicle segment. Nothing wrong with Toyota offering multiple entries aimed at different spectrum of buyers. Venza is the same size as Tiguan, Rogue, Outlander, and Envision... basically the larger side of the compact CUVs.

Venza is like Buick Envision to RAV4's GMC Terrain - one looks more refined and the other has faux offroad vibe. Ford is going with a similar strategy of Escape vs. Bronco Sport. I'll bet more car companies will follow too.

10. 05-21-2020 01:46 PM #84
      I remember JDM Harrier = Lexus RX3xx

Is there no JDM equivalent of the rx now?
      Last edited by ImpeccableNEW; 05-21-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Vehicles
      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch
      05-21-2020 02:24 PM #85
      It is sold in Japan as a Lexus. I believe they have selling cars in their home market since like '05 or so.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      05-21-2020 02:37 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by TangoRed View Post
      Chevy also now has the TrailBlazer, between the Equinox and Trax.
      I assume the TB will eventually replace the Trax, but they are co-existing now.
      The TB is sooooooo much nicer than the Trax, and probably nicer than the Equinox too.
      It is a really well designed little CUV.

05-21-2020 02:45 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post

Surprise, it's the RX3xx!

LS / IS / RC / LC also sold there using the same nomenclature as in the US

2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD - Volk Racing | Stoptech | Morimoto Lighting | SOS Performance | MESO Customs | XenonDepot | GTechniq

05-21-2020 03:01 PM #88

Lol, maybe you should read the thread? It's only been mentioned like 12 times. I even did an illustration of the model line.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...#post114387957

15. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2020 03:07 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Compact CUV segment is now the largest new vehicle segment. Nothing wrong with Toyota offering multiple entries aimed at different spectrum of buyers. Venza is the same size as Tiguan, Rogue, Outlander, and Envision... basically the larger side of the compact CUVs.

Venza is like Buick Envision to RAV4's GMC Terrain - one looks more refined and the other has faux offroad vibe. Ford is going with a similar strategy of Escape vs. Bronco Sport. I'll bet more car companies will follow too.
      Haha. LOL at thought of Toyota North America having a Venza meeting and someone says - "Well look! This makes sense. Buick has the Envision". Dream big!

I get it, they already have the car. Might as well put it out there.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      05-21-2020 03:10 PM #90

OG Venza sales took a dive because it was priced like a premium product but had a dirt cheap interior. I think you're taking too many liberties in speaking for all these specific things mainstream CUV buyers want. The CR-V, RAV4 & Escape have been top sellers with anything but a rugged + adventurous image for example. Murano, Ford Edge and the Kia Sorento all occupy the Venza's space and sell well enough without looking "adventurous". This old notion that people buy crossovers to look outdoorsy and rugged needs to die. People are buying the form factor and driving position.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      05-21-2020 03:17 PM #91
      OG Venza sales took a dive because it was priced like a premium product but had a dirt cheap interior. I think you're taking too many liberties in speaking for all these specific things mainstream CUV buyers want. The CR-V, RAV4 & Escape have been top sellers with anything but a rugged + adventurous image for example. Murano, Ford Edge and the Kia Sorento all occupy the Venza's space and sell well enough without looking "adventurous". This old notion that people buy crossovers to look outdoorsy and rugged needs to die. People are buying the form factor and driving position.
      This point right here makes me think about the Chrysler Pacifica CUV (before there was even such a term!), and wonder why it failed or why Chrysler didn't keep developing it.
      It was really one of the architects of this segment of vehicles.

18. 05-21-2020 03:24 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Lol, maybe you should read the thread? It's only been mentioned like 12 times. I even did an illustration of the model line.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...#post114387957
      Ok guilty as charged but in my defense many modern day tcl threads have a bunch of toyota jabs and jokes while containing no interesting info (I was wrong this time)

Wheres Mr Voloptual (I may have spelled it wrong)

19. Member
      Vehicles
      05-21-2020 03:37 PM #93
      I said people pay "more" or "extra" for the ruggedness, not only buy any crossovers for this image. Trust me that I have no old notions about any of this. I owned the OG Pacifica for years (used Highlander was second choice at the time) and obviously have two non-off-roady CUVs now.

Of course, the inexpensive meat of the market CUVs will sell with the in-between styling because they are mostly practical and logical purchases. It's when you are asking that buyer to spend thousands more for something very similar when the intangibles like "rugged styling" come into play.

Those real mid-sizers you mentioned all provide tangible improvements over their smaller siblings. The Venza's improvements are not as clear.

05-22-2020 05:36 AM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      I think the next Tundra will also get the V6 hybrid, so Toyota will use that engine at least on the largest Toyota branded trucks and SUVs.
      It'll definitely be V6, but I think a de-tuned TTV6 from the LS500 will reappear in some aspect.

21. 05-29-2020 02:54 PM #95
      Whats with the ecopias dont those tires suck from what ive heard

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      06-29-2020 04:38 PM #96

23. 06-29-2020 05:06 PM #97
      Looks nearly the same in JDM guise, i kinda miss the dyas when the jdm version had the cooler bumpers or headlights

24. Member
      Vehicles
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      06-29-2020 05:21 PM #98
      Looks nearly the same in JDM guise, i kinda miss the dyas when the jdm version had the cooler bumpers or headlights
      Totally agree

Vehicles
      2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch
      06-29-2020 11:25 PM #99
      I find it hilarious that almost everyone wants the car to look like it does in the homeland when they offer unique features, whether it be head lights, tail lights or front or rear fog lights. Then want it to look different when it is the same as the one in the domestic market. I have heard a few stories of Europeans wanting amber side markers for their headlights and red turn signals for their tail lights where many of us try to modify or delete these features from our cars here in the US. (I'm guilty of this with my MK6 Golf and color matching the side markers).

We always want what we can't have I guess...
      Last edited by StL2.5; 06-29-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234