VWVortex.com - The 2020 Shelby GT350 is a massive pain in the a**, and I love it dearly
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 126

    Thread: The 2020 Shelby GT350 is a massive pain in the a**, and I love it dearly

    1. 05-22-2020 12:42 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by MotownSVT View Post
      I thought you were angling for one of those flat-plane crank paperweights, bro...

      It's fun working on this kind of stuff, and doing stuff like an Owner's Kit is, to me, a no-brainer. Monetarily it's a rounding error but with an enthusiast customer it's the right thing to do. The enthusiast is the biggest advocate/mouthpiece a company has. The average guy that buys a GT350 needs a daily driver... his wife needs an SUV... and I know within his circle of family/friends he's the "car guy" that everyone goes to for car recommendations... and I want him to buy an F150 to daily and an Edge for the wife and recommend whatever Ford vehicle to anyone that asks his opinion. So whatever I can do via event marketing or Owner's Kits or a day in Charlotte at the racing school is a drop in the bucket compared to a :30 TV spot. It's common-sense thinking to most people around here but you'd be shocked how many people don't understand that, yeah, you have to grow your market share and get conquest sales but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and just as effective to preach to your choir.
      Can I get a flat plane crank paperweight?

      I’ll buy a GT350!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member newusername's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2016
      Location
      Shediac NB
      Posts
      452
      05-22-2020 07:26 AM #102
      Based on this thread i decided to Daily drive my GT350 all week, its the first time i drive it to work and not just nights/weekends. Man does this car ever gather attention, i've never had so many thumbs up, looks and folks speeding up just to pass me to look at the car, it almost feels awkward in traffic because of it. Mine isn't as bright as the OP's as its Grabber Blue but it certainly stands out.

      After a week in traffic with it though, i can confirm that as much fun as it is, its a terrible daily - i much prefer driving my truck or the explorer on the commute.
      His - 17 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB | 17 Shelby GT350 | 87 Buick Regal GN | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 19 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE
      Hers - 17 Explorer Sport | 14 Mustang GT

    4. Member MotownSVT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2002
      Location
      Detroit REAdy+ROK City
      Posts
      9,102
      Vehicles
      2019 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Compass ... driven at/or beyond their limits
      05-22-2020 09:03 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      Can I get a flat plane crank paperweight?

      I’ll buy a GT350!
      Well, if you buy one you'll get one in the mail just like OP did.

    5. Member HotCarlWeathers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2013
      Location
      Grilland, WBR
      Posts
      536
      Vehicles
      MK7 GTI
      05-22-2020 09:17 AM #104
      Today is one of those days where I seriously resent the fact we don't have space for a third car, but also somewhat appreciate it because that big ass "just to have it handy" HELOC I recently opened is very seductively whispering "GT350...Phil...psssstttt...GT three fiffffftyyyyyyyyyyy" into my ear

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2006
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      2,419
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      05-22-2020 09:17 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by MotownSVT View Post
      I thought you were angling for one of those flat-plane crank paperweights, bro...

      It's fun working on this kind of stuff, and doing stuff like an Owner's Kit is, to me, a no-brainer. Monetarily it's a rounding error but with an enthusiast customer it's the right thing to do. The enthusiast is the biggest advocate/mouthpiece a company has. The average guy that buys a GT350 needs a daily driver... his wife needs an SUV... and I know within his circle of family/friends he's the "car guy" that everyone goes to for car recommendations... and I want him to buy an F150 to daily and an Edge for the wife and recommend whatever Ford vehicle to anyone that asks his opinion. So whatever I can do via event marketing or Owner's Kits or a day in Charlotte at the racing school is a drop in the bucket compared to a :30 TV spot. It's common-sense thinking to most people around here but you'd be shocked how many people don't understand that, yeah, you have to grow your market share and get conquest sales but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and just as effective to preach to your choir.
      Cool inside info


      Were you involved with the Ford "Ecoboost Challenge" back in 2012 or 2013? That was absolutely influential in me purchasing a brand new Fiesta ST.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2004
      Posts
      746
      Vehicles
      2016 Ford GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive, 2010 VW Golf
      05-22-2020 10:11 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by newusername View Post
      Based on this thread i decided to Daily drive my GT350 all week, its the first time i drive it to work and not just nights/weekends. Man does this car ever gather attention, i've never had so many thumbs up, looks and folks speeding up just to pass me to look at the car, it almost feels awkward in traffic because of it. Mine isn't as bright as the OP's as its Grabber Blue but it certainly stands out.
      This has been my experience as well. Mine is the even more subtle Magnetic gray with black stripes, and I've had it nearly 4 years now, and I STILL get "thumbs up" from other drivers on the highway and positive comments from passers-by nearly every time I drive it. There's just something about these cars that people respond to.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      3,080
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      05-22-2020 11:33 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Go4Broke View Post
      This has been my experience as well. Mine is the even more subtle Magnetic gray with black stripes, and I've had it nearly 4 years now, and I STILL get "thumbs up" from other drivers on the highway and positive comments from passers-by nearly every time I drive it. There's just something about these cars that people respond to.
      That’s a great color!

      My friend is selling his GT350R, a Magnetic Metallic (Grey), nicely set up with clear wrap all over, harnesses, camber plates, etc. comes with the flat plane crank paperweight!

      Love that color with the black stripes.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    9. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      15,304
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      05-22-2020 11:51 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      That’s a great color!

      My friend is selling his GT350R, a Magnetic Metallic (Grey), nicely set up with clear wrap all over, harnesses, camber plates, etc. comes with the flat plane crank paperweight!

      Love that color with the black stripes.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hnnnng
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

    10. Chili Bigot Seabird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Posts
      19,586
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      05-22-2020 11:56 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      That’s a great color!

      My friend is selling his GT350R, a Magnetic Metallic (Grey), nicely set up with clear wrap all over, harnesses, camber plates, etc. comes with the flat plane crank paperweight!

      Love that color with the black stripes.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fawk me!
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      3,080
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      05-22-2020 11:59 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by MotownSVT View Post
      .. and I want him to buy an F150 to daily and an Edge for the wife and recommend whatever Ford vehicle to anyone that asks his opinion... you have to grow your market share and get conquest sales but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and just as effective to preach to your choir.
      On that note, that friend of mine that you helped get the new GT500.... he loves it. He tells everyone how much he loves it. AND he just went out and bought a modified 1951 Ford Pickup. Does THAT count when he buys a used Ford? I think a Raptor should be next for him to tow some of his toys.

    12. Member Crispyfritter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      SW KS
      Posts
      14,209
      05-22-2020 12:36 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Parklife View Post
      Thank you, and I mean this in the most sincere way that I'm moved to see so many old friends chime in who are genuinely happy that I poked my head in to say hi.

      I realize now that I was am insufferable, cocky little ****head when Motive being published. I was in my mid-twenties. I saw the improbable, the implausible, often the impossible, come true. Life was something that you dominated if you were any good. Life yielded easily to intelligence and effort, or to what proportion could be mustered of both*. If you're guessing that this would be the point in time where things fell apart the way Hemingway described poverty befalling someone — "gradually, then suddenly" — you'd be correct.
      I know for a fact that I should probably go and apologize to everyone I interacted with in my early 20's.

      But really, don't be a stranger. This place is better with you in it.

      Chris
      | 20 Ram | 18 JLU Sport | 13 Altima | 01 BMW 740 iL | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

    13. Member newusername's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2016
      Location
      Shediac NB
      Posts
      452
      05-22-2020 01:25 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      On that note, that friend of mine that you helped get the new GT500.... he loves it. He tells everyone how much he loves it. AND he just went out and bought a modified 1951 Ford Pickup. Does THAT count when he buys a used Ford? I think a Raptor should be next for him to tow some of his toys.
      have you had a chance to drive/drive in his GT500 yet? i took one out at Racing Exotics in LV back in early March and while it has so much power and just flat out hauls ass i was left thinking that in no way would i trade my GT350 for one, it feels heavier and way less sharp.

      I'd be curious to know your thoughts.
      His - 17 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB | 17 Shelby GT350 | 87 Buick Regal GN | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 19 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE
      Hers - 17 Explorer Sport | 14 Mustang GT

    14. Member Maximum_Download's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Chicagoland
      Posts
      6,299
      05-22-2020 02:51 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by HotCarlWeathers View Post
      Today is one of those days where I seriously resent the fact we don't have space for a third car, but also somewhat appreciate it because that big ass "just to have it handy" HELOC I recently opened is very seductively whispering "GT350...Phil...psssstttt...GT three fiffffftyyyyyyyyyyy" into my ear
      My Golf R debacle made us go down to 1 car recently, and on a strict usage basis, that was the correct move for us. We don't have a need for 2 cars.

      But I am in a similar boat to you. I have some cash sitting in an account winking and nodding at me in between me spending time on the Alfa Romeo website. After I secure the Highlander replacement around the holidays time, it may be a little too hard to ignore.

      Off topic, does anyone have an FCA hookup? Asking for a friend.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

    15. Moderator aar0n.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2004
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      12,700
      Vehicles
      MK4 R32, 987.1 Cayman S, Outback wagon
      05-22-2020 03:30 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Just get Montana plates.
      Not in Washington, they are very very strict about that
      The Car Lounge summed up

      Quote Originally Posted by Fined View Post
      lots of people who post on this forum are not car OR driving enthusiasts. they just come here and post tirades/smarmy comebacks


      Flickr™
      DubCult.

    16. Member HotCarlWeathers's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2013
      Location
      Grilland, WBR
      Posts
      536
      Vehicles
      MK7 GTI
      05-22-2020 03:47 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post

      Off topic, does anyone have an FCA hookup? Asking for a friend.
      Find a local financial advisor who helps people repair their bad credit and you're in
      I am not associated with Weber-Stephens wonderful American-made grilling products, nor with Guy Fieri or Martin's Famous Potato Rolls.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      3,080
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      05-22-2020 05:30 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by newusername View Post
      have you had a chance to drive/drive in his GT500 yet? i took one out at Racing Exotics in LV back in early March and while it has so much power and just flat out hauls ass i was left thinking that in no way would i trade my GT350 for one, it feels heavier and way less sharp.

      I'd be curious to know your thoughts.
      i drove another one. Yes, it is very surgical and maybe a tad more refined on the street. But heavier and I missed the manual transmission fun and the engine sound and response.

      Like you, I decided there is no way I would never get rid of my GT350R and spend 50%+ more for the GT500. But that's just me. My friend did it... sold his GT350R and doesn't regret it at all. Loves his 500.

    18. Member MotownSVT's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 9th, 2002
      Location
      Detroit REAdy+ROK City
      Posts
      9,102
      Vehicles
      2019 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep Compass ... driven at/or beyond their limits
      05-22-2020 05:51 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      On that note, that friend of mine that you helped get the new GT500.... he loves it. He tells everyone how much he loves it. AND he just went out and bought a modified 1951 Ford Pickup. Does THAT count when he buys a used Ford? I think a Raptor should be next for him to tow some of his toys.
      Awesome!! I'm glad we were able to hook that up for him. We pulled some strings and got that specific production number for him.

      And yes, a '51 Ford pickup absolutely counts IMO. But I agree with you: he NEEDS a Raptor as a tow rig. I'd be happy to help put that purchase together.

    19. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      25,271
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      05-23-2020 12:13 AM #118


      It’s good.

      Real good.

      Makes the C6 feel like it’s from a different century.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      3,080
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      05-23-2020 09:53 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      It’s good.

      Real good.

      Makes the C6 feel like it’s from a different century.
      So now are you ready to make the switch? ;-)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    21. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      25,271
      Vehicles
      KAR 120C
      05-23-2020 04:57 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      So now are you ready to make the switch? ;-)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If it wasn’t 3x the price of the Corvette? I would have already.


      This just confirmed that it’s as good as I thought it would be.

    22. Member HI SPEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2004
      Location
      Honolulu
      Posts
      6,191
      05-23-2020 09:58 PM #121


      Ever thought about taking off the stripes?

    23. Member ZPayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2014
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      4,663
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Golf R Oryxweiß 6MT Stage 2
      05-23-2020 10:14 PM #122
      I f**king love the color and these Shelbys. Congrats

      Seems they are going to stop making them after 2020... right when I can finally maybe afford one next year. Dangit I'll have to buy used, but buying one of these engines used scares me a little

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2011
      Posts
      3,080
      Vehicles
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      05-24-2020 04:10 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      Ever thought about taking off the stripes?
      I’d be curious about that as well, especially since I am considering adding stripes to mine. When I ordered it new, the Orange Fury was one of the few GT350R colors that the factory did not offer stripes on. I’ve considered black stripes with the red “R” style pinstripe, or a Kona Blue set of stripes plus these other wheels my friend let me try on.





    25. Member DonPatrizio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 2007
      Location
      CO
      Posts
      2,077
      Vehicles
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze, 2016 Raleigh Merit Competition
      05-24-2020 04:47 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Makes the C6 feel like it’s from a different century.
      It technically is.

      Nice car OP!
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

    26. Old man yelling at cloud
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 1999
      Location
      Kirkland, WA
      Posts
      42,205
      Vehicles
      2020 GT350, 2019 Ridgeline Sport
      05-24-2020 06:37 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      I’d be curious about that as well, especially since I am considering adding stripes to mine.
      In the posts I've read about the 2019-down models, owners who have tried to remove the stripes ran into problems with the rear decklid spoiler. The stripes were put down first, then the spoiler atop them, and the spoiler is them held down with both adhesive underneath the pedestals and bolts through the trunklid. Most people seemed to cut the stripe around the center pedestal and called it a day.

      I noticed the stripes on my 2020 are cut around the spoiler so removal should be rather easy:





      Dave, I've seen a Twister Orange GT500 with a Kona tapestripe that looked phenomenal. I think it would look even better on Orange Fury. Something to keep in mind if you're ordering GT350 stripes — and they've been superseded to the 2020 pieces I have — might be to check if there's a section missing from the rear decklid stripe, as shown above, since the 350R's different spoiler wouldn't have the center pedestal to work with the cutout in mine.

    Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.