VWVortex.com - VW Mk 6 02E DSG Transmission with WaveTrac LS Differential installed. Bremen GA
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: VW Mk 6 02E DSG Transmission with WaveTrac LS Differential installed. Bremen GA

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Beetle Turbo APR Stage III+
      05-21-2020 03:32 PM #1
      Transmission had WaveTrac Limited Slip Differential professionally installed by Southside Autowerks in Newnan GA last year at about 40k miles.
      Transmission was replaced with a close ratio DSG at 53k just now. Works perfectly, no issues. Southside Autowerks can provide installation if desired, and is an APR distributor for your tuning needs.
      I wanted a close ratio transmission is the reason for the replacement. The 02E is long legged for excellent fuel mileage.
      $2500 OBO. WaveTrac was $1475 + installation which requires the cases to be split twice. It's all set up ready to install.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2013.5 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3 (DSG)
      05-21-2020 05:03 PM #2
      Grant does excellent work. He痴 a master mechanic. I知 curious if this would be compatible with my MK6GLI. I知 not sure the specifics on my DQ250. I知 interested but not sure the compatibility.

-Mike

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      05-21-2020 07:40 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MMeachGLI View Post
      Grant does excellent work. He痴 a master mechanic. I知 curious if this would be compatible with my MK6GLI. I知 not sure the specifics on my DQ250. I知 interested but not sure the compatibility.

-Mike
      Yes, Grant is the MAN!!!
      Not sure about compatibility, but Grant could tell you in a second. Give him a call.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      05-21-2020 08:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by rlwinter View Post
      Yes, Grant is the MAN!!!
      Not sure about compatibility, but Grant could tell you in a second. Give him a call.
      Will do brother. I値l give him a shout tomorrow. Fingers crossed it matches up.

Grant is like Yoda in Jedi terms when comparing mechanics for VAG vehicles. He did some work on my GLI back in the day.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      05-22-2020 08:59 AM #5
      Just messaged Grant. Said it will fit perfectly.

8. n00b
      Vehicles
      05-22-2020 05:19 PM #6
      Spoke with Grant this afternoon, he said you had called, said you were a standup guy.

I'll make you this deal. $2500 installed. I'll take transmission to Grant, he'll install it for you with DSG service. You'll be good on service schedule for 40k miles. You give Grant $2500.

Let me know if this works for you.

Vehicles
      05-22-2020 07:06 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by rlwinter View Post
      Spoke with Grant this afternoon, he said you had called, said you were a standup guy.

I'll make you this deal. $2500 installed. I'll take transmission to Grant, he'll install it for you with DSG service. You'll be good on service schedule for 40k miles. You give Grant $2500.

Let me know if this works for you.
      DM me your number. We can text. I want to get this done. It痴 gonna be awesome to have better traction. We need to schedule a time to get this done. I can plan to drive over early one morning.

10. n00b
      Vehicles
      05-22-2020 07:47 PM #8
      I'm fairly new to VWVortex. I'm not sure how to DM my number to you.
      Let me know how or request my number from Grant. I'll text him my permission.