VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Honda Civic Spied

Vehicles
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      05-22-2020 03:44 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum90 View Post
      Just to add a new twist, this could be an ILX replacement. Honda could be focusing on updating the Acura sedans ahead of the Accord/Civic updates.

https://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?...tem_id=1416954
      What a great Integra it would make, at least visually. Just the right stance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Skyline GTS-T type M, 19 GLI S, Mazdaspeed Miata,
      05-22-2020 04:47 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kilted Yaksman View Post
      It was massively ugly to begin with, so of course it "ages" well.
      Hot take but neither the sedan or hatch look that bad. A little overwrought and excessive sure, but ugly? Nah. I might own an Si currently if the nearest dealer was halfway competent and if not for the oil contamination issues. I vividly rememver lusting over the Si in 2017, and was happy when they added the volume knob and fan speed buttons.

It feels like it hasn't been out that long, where has the time gone?

I gave up dailing old and rare cars and became a normie.
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Gear Patrol, which has as much cred as Paw Patrol
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      88c900t wins again, you really ****ing crush it at listing a ton of cheap options
      Quote Originally Posted by volvohutter View Post
      You'll always get a pass due to your history of owning classy and sophisticated automobiles

4. Member
      Vehicles
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      05-22-2020 05:11 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      I wonder if Honda is going to push the limit on size again and make it a midsize this time.
      It's not even close to the subcompact it use to be. Honda needs to spice up the Fit already. It's a great car but compared to the Accord and Civic, it's the forgotten Honda.
      You can’t take advantage of “record low” gas prices when you have nowhere to drive. And it’s not really more affordable if you don’t have a paycheck to buy it with.

5. 05-22-2020 05:18 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      I wonder if Honda is going to push the limit on size again and make it a midsize this time.
      There's already not a lot between a Civic 4-door sedan and an Accord, and it's hurting Accord sales ... probably because people are finding a Civic to be big enough, and at first glance, they look almost the same anyhow. To me, the Civic sedan is too big. The hatch is OK.

This doesn't look a lot different from the current model.

Vehicles
      19 GLI S, 17 Civic LX, 16 Golf R, 91 B2600i
      05-22-2020 05:30 PM #30
      Saw a line green civic coupe this evening. Bold choice, but not a looker.

I have a '17 boring ass grey sedan in the driveway, it's a lease for the kids to learn on. Never liked the looks, never liked the drive (it is an LX). I plan to turn it in. So FWIW, Honda style cues need to get back towards that e Honda thing.

Those are well aging lines.

I'd buy either an EV or ICE in that any day.

If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      05-22-2020 05:31 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
      There's already not a lot between a Civic 4-door sedan and an Accord, and it's hurting Accord sales ... probably because people are finding a Civic to be big enough, and at first glance, they look almost the same anyhow. To me, the Civic sedan is too big. The hatch is OK.
      I'm too tired to verify, but I think Accord sales fell faster than Camry sales for that reason. The Corolla got a lot smaller with its recent update. The Civic is the perfect size, AND is available with a really good engine. If you need the room, a CR-V is more practical than an Accord. The Civic has kind of made the Accord redundant.

If they clean up the looks, it will be best in class. If they put the 2.0T in the Si and make the CTR AWD.......... man. It would be the perfect compact. A Jetta/Golf without VW problems.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Vehicles
      19 GLI S, 17 Civic LX, 16 Golf R, 91 B2600i
      05-22-2020 05:34 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      A Jetta/Golf without VW problems.
      You can't take it with you.
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

Vehicles
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      05-23-2020 08:17 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by nyexx View Post
      The 10th gen Civic has aged remarkably well. Hard to believe it’s time for a replacement already.
      ^^^This.

Current gen Civic still looks new, IMO. Very attractive product line, I'd gladly take a Si/CTR over those spending similar amounts on compact SUVs.

Has Honda corrected the 1.5T oil dilution issue?

Also, will next gen Accord (or Civic) offer AWD since now Altima, Camry, and next gen Optima (& likely Sonata) do/will?

Oh, and a bunch of whiny old ladies in this thread!
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      05-23-2020 08:43 AM #34
      Accord can't offer AWD, that would absolutely kill the TLX

Finally got off my ass to check out quarterly US sales. It's as I expected:

RAV4: 97K
      Camry: 77K
      CR-V: 72K
      Corolla: 69K
      Civic: 63K (plus 4K from Insight)
      Accord: 47K (behind the Altima!)

Ultimately most mainstream shoppers are driven by practicality so the little compact crossovers rule the roost

But I really think Honda going all out with the Civic (and to a degree CR-V) have really hurt the Accord. I am pretty sure it was their top selling sedan. The Civic is really nice! The Corolla is kind of a penalty box by comparison and I'd wager a lot of its volume comes from fleet sales.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Vehicles
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      05-23-2020 08:53 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
      Has Honda corrected the 1.5T oil dilution issue?
      Software update, additional year of powertrain warranty (covering related components), and official statement that some oil dilution is normal.

Vehicles
      Civic Type R & RSV4 RR
      05-24-2020 07:26 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by hoodlum90 View Post
      Just to add a new twist, this could be an ILX replacement. Honda could be focusing on updating the Acura sedans ahead of the Accord/Civic updates.

https://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?...tem_id=1416954

Came to post this. The rumor mill all over the Type R forums/social media is if it’s not the 11th gen Civic Type R it might possibly be the next ILX or maybe even a new Integra...

Vehicles
      15 Rav4
      05-24-2020 08:44 PM #37
      Acura is not reviving the Integra name. It's an RSX revival.

This is based on my keen intuition.

You're welcome.
      YouTube is not a medical device.

14. 05-24-2020 09:06 PM #38
      This new model also appears to be huge too.

Vehicles
      1992 VR6 Corrado, PoS 96 Civic
      05-24-2020 09:59 PM #39
      Excuse me for not reading all the replies....but does the “X” represent AWD?

Vehicles
      Civic Type R & RSV4 RR
      05-24-2020 10:05 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by justinsvr6 View Post
      Excuse me for not reading all the replies....but does the “X” represent AWD?
      X = 10 as in 10th generation Civic. CivicX is the 10th generation forum if that’s what you’re enquiring about. If ILX Im not sure if those come with & without SH-AWD.

17. 05-25-2020 10:29 AM #41
      Thus far, the Civic floor pan and rear suspension have never been designed to accommodate all-wheel-drive. (And yes, a CR-V started out as a Civic, but it's not the same underneath.) The current Accord is the same situation. There's nowhere for a drive shaft to be routed through, and there's nowhere allocated for half-shafts or final drive in the rear suspension module. They've opted for having more passenger and cargo space instead - by not having to protect space for the all-wheel-drive components.

I don't think this is a full platform re-work; it sure looks like the same basic design, and it certainly won't be much different in size. I suspect that in Honda's view, if you want all-wheel-drive, you're supposed to buy a CR-V (or HR-V). Could be wrong ...

Vehicles
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      05-25-2020 10:35 AM #42
      Thus far, the Civic floor pan and rear suspension have never been designed to accommodate all-wheel-drive. (And yes, a CR-V started out as a Civic, but it's not the same underneath.) The current Accord is the same situation. There's nowhere for a drive shaft to be routed through, and there's nowhere allocated for half-shafts or final drive in the rear suspension module. They've opted for having more passenger and cargo space instead - by not having to protect space for the all-wheel-drive components.
      Wasn't this also the case with the Camry/Avalon? But Toyota said:

"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

19. 05-25-2020 10:59 AM #43
      Certainly it can be done (by changing a bunch of stuff - and a model-change is an opportunity to do that). It remains to be seen if they actually will do that.

If you make the design changes necessary to accommodate all-wheel-drive, there's compromises to packaging and weight that affect the versions without all-wheel-drive, and Honda has been reluctant to do that thus far.

And in no way am I saying it wouldn't be awesome if they did. A Civic Type-R hatch with SH-AWD would be pretty darn awesome.

Would it be worth the tradeoff of a little more weight and a little less fuel tank capacity and a little less rear seat headroom and a little less foot-well space for the center passenger in the back seat of every Civic including the run-of-the-mill models in order to be able to do that? Answering that is above my pay grade.

Vehicles
      2019 Mazda 3
      05-25-2020 11:10 AM #44
      The Civic sales are doing quite well, don't see why they'd need to add AWD.

Vehicles
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      05-25-2020 12:25 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0_Mazda View Post
      The Civic sales are doing quite well, don't see why they'd need to add AWD.
      who's adding AWD?
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

Vehicles
      Civic Type R & RSV4 RR
      05-25-2020 01:41 PM #46
      Certainly it can be done (by changing a bunch of stuff - and a model-change is an opportunity to do that). It remains to be seen if they actually will do that.

If you make the design changes necessary to accommodate all-wheel-drive, there's compromises to packaging and weight that affect the versions without all-wheel-drive, and Honda has been reluctant to do that thus far.

And in no way am I saying it wouldn't be awesome if they did. A Civic Type-R hatch with SH-AWD would be pretty darn awesome.

Would it be worth the tradeoff of a little more weight and a little less fuel tank capacity and a little less rear seat headroom and a little less foot-well space for the center passenger in the back seat of every Civic including the run-of-the-mill models in order to be able to do that? Answering that is above my pay grade.
      Imo Honda is a traditionalist. Civic’s have never been AWD (correct me if Im wrong). Which is why they stuck with FWD for the CTR. Now if this turns out to be an Acura variant then I can see them working AWD into it. But now it’s far too early to speculate.

23. Member
      Vehicles
      1986 MR2, 1996 Miata
      05-25-2020 02:01 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Spike Ti View Post
      Civic’s have never been AWD (correct me if Im wrong).
      Done.

05-25-2020 02:22 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Spike Ti View Post
      Imo Honda is a traditionalist. Civic’s have never been AWD (correct me if Im wrong). Which is why they stuck with FWD for the CTR. Now if this turns out to be an Acura variant then I can see them working AWD into it. But now it’s far too early to speculate.
      Civic was available with AWD for 2 generations until the CR-V came along and ruined everything...

Also, Honda has done many 4WD or AWD cars over the years. Accord was available with AWD as recently as 5 years ago (how did TCL forget the Crossturd already?)

Not to mention, Integra itself was sold with optional AWD: https://imgur.com/a/MwLJenO#RRKynWX

Last edited by bzcat; 05-25-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Vehicles
      Civic Type R & RSV4 RR
      05-25-2020 02:25 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by DeanStevenson View Post
      Ahhh yea, that’s the Civic Bisimoto used for his build.

26. 05-25-2020 03:36 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by DeanStevenson View Post
      Ah yes, the Wagovan. In Honda's mind, the CR-V took the place of that. And it was a very different bodyshell from the standard Civic hatchback - basically a different car, sharing a few bits and pieces and a piece of the name.

The current Civic's rear subframe, links, and spindles make no allowance for routing half-shafts to the rear wheels. I may find out in a couple of weeks whether they're redesigning stuff underneath in a way that would allow space for a rear diff and halfshafts. Unfortunately, that will also come part-and-parcel with a NDA, so after I find out, you'll just have to wait

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast