The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Generation Buick Envision Revealed

Vehicles
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      05-30-2020 01:48 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      I’ve pondered the same thing.
      Buick/GMC is now two premium SUV/CUV brands under one roof.
      Keeping both brands allows a pivot back to sedans/cars, when that market shift happens again.
      It would seem to make sense, however, for GMC to focus on “real” SUVs and leave the CUVs for Buick.
      I believe they’ve staggered their CUV offerings, so GMC and Buick models have space in size and price.
      The GMC Acadia is smaller than the Buick Enclave, for example.
      The Terrain and Envision play in the same compact segment but the GMC is tougher looking and the Envision is softer - sort of like the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Then the Acadia fills the mid-size slot and Enclave is the full size CUV. The the Yukon is there for the towing crowd.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

06-01-2020 01:28 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      The Terrain and Envision play in the same compact segment but the GMC is tougher looking and the Envision is softer - sort of like the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Then the Acadia fills the mid-size slot and Enclave is the full size CUV. The the Yukon is there for the towing crowd.
      Don't forget GMC has its own premium Denali sub-brand. So it really gets crowded in the showroom. Be interesting to see what GM does to replace the Encore. There is no plan to import the new one so maybe it's ripe for a GMC branded replacement.

Subcompact - Buick Encore --> GMC Granite?
      Compact short - Buick Encore GX
      Compact long - GMC Terrain
      Compact long - Buick Envision
      Midsize - GMC Acadia
      Large - Buick Enclave
      Fullsize - GMC Yukon

Vehicles
      2011 SAAB 9-5, 2013 Ford Fusion
      06-01-2020 01:35 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by gti_matt View Post
      The old one didn't look bad at all but compared to this one, the old one now does look "old". Not sure I see "Mazda" in it, but the headlamps and some of the front look Audi-like.

Made-in-China is still a turn-off on paper for me.
      Totally agree. There is no way I would buy a vehicle from China at this time.
      Learn what the bible really says about the End Times:

http://www.bibleprophecytruth.com

5. 06-01-2020 02:01 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaF1 View Post
      Totally agree. There is no way I would buy a vehicle from China at this time.
      I mean, of course we aren't getting a Buick built to Chinese-market specifications (of course it has to meet US safety and emissions regulations) and of course GM can't risk having a completely sub-par product tarnishing their reputation, so it has to be as reliable and good as something built in North America. But just seeing home-grown Chinese designs (as well as imitations) over the past 15 years does not give me (possibly irrational) warm-fuzzies that this vehicle is at the higher end of the range of good and bad and there's also a sort of protectionist feeling in me when it comes to big-ticket items coming from China.

Vehicles
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      06-01-2020 02:38 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Don't forget GMC has its own premium Denali sub-brand. So it really gets crowded in the showroom. Be interesting to see what GM does to replace the Encore. There is no plan to import the new one so maybe it's ripe for a GMC branded replacement.

Subcompact - Buick Encore --> GMC Granite?
      Compact short - Buick Encore GX
      Compact long - GMC Terrain
      Compact long - Buick Envision
      Midsize - GMC Acadia
      Large - Buick Enclave
      Fullsize - GMC Yukon
      GMC Granite will become more than a concept?

7. 06-01-2020 03:42 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Zunflower View Post
      I guess they ENVISIONED Mazda, because I see A LOT of CX-5 all over that, from long hood to even some of the side contouring. But with lackluster chrome accenting and I have a feeling this thing will be a porker just like the current Envision.
      The new Buick Slogan "Zoom Zoom" "Boom Boom". The new zoomer for boomers!

06-01-2020 04:00 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      GMC Granite will become more than a concept?
      Hypothetically... since GM has no plan to import the new Encore. It's won't necessarily be like the Granite concept from 10 years ago. I'm just saying the entry level model makes more sense as GMC because that is how it is shaking out to be with two vehicles per platform under the Buick GMC line up:

GMC vs. Buick
      Granite vs. Encore GX
      Terrain vs. Envision
      Acadia vs. Enclave

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 VW GTI SE
      06-29-2020 04:25 PM #33
      The interior of this CUV is REALLY nice!
      It has one of the most nicely integrated infotainment screens that I've seen so far.
      It makes the bluntly simple touchscreens in Teslas and the Mustang Mach E seem crude.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/29/...sion-interior/

The gaudy curves and textures on the current instrument panel give way to a simple, split-level, bi-color form. What's more, the IP subtly carves out distinct driver and passenger spaces, a design trait normally reserved for sports cars. When Buick and GMC design boss Helen Emsley said the coming Envision would possess "striking styling designed to combine the expressiveness of a car with the practicality of an SUV,” she wasn't lying.

The new steering wheel picks up more substantial spokes decorated with linear buttons instead of the circular pads, and its center cap is wider and no longer reminiscent of an alien face. The dash's dark portion up top houses a 10-inch infotainment screen canted at an 18-degree angle for the driver's ease-of-use. Air vents accentuate the break between the top and bottom of the instrument panel. Beneath the center vents, in the cabin-colored portion of the dash, are a slick set of climate controls. The pushbutton gear selectors along the left side of the center tunnel come from the China-market Enclave. And even the cupholders are handsome.

The Envision Avenir gets a few exterior changes like a mesh grille and nicer wheels to set itself apart, the interior wearing Ivory White and Jazz Black hues and diamond-stitched seats. We might prefer the interior with peanut-butter brown and black even more. And suddenly, the Cadillac XT4 could have a problem; the Buick and the Cadillac share the E2 platform, but one of them — in photos, at least — is incontestably more fetching.

Last edited by whitejeep1989; 06-29-2020 at 04:30 PM.

06-29-2020 08:00 PM #34
      Remember kids, Buick is a mass market brand in China that competes with Hyundai, Ford, VW, and Toyota; meaning this level of interior design and material is expected in mainstream vehicles... which should give some context to the comment in the autoblog article about the relatively sad case of XT4 interior.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      06-29-2020 10:00 PM #35
      Remember kids, Buick is a mass market brand in China that competes with Hyundai, Ford, VW, and Toyota; meaning this level of interior design and material is expected in mainstream vehicles... which should give some context to the comment in the autoblog article about the relatively sad case of XT4 interior.
      Despite any BS marketing, isn't 2020 Buick a mass market brand in the US? Just a poor selling one. Their best selling car starts at ~$25k and their most expensive car starts at ~$40k.

Vehicles
      a Metro pass.
      06-29-2020 11:57 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Despite any BS marketing, isn't 2020 Buick a mass market brand in the US? Just a poor selling one. Their best selling car starts at ~$25k and their most expensive car starts at ~$40k.
      I really wonder who is going buy this, I would normally expect Boomers and assorted other people in flyover areas where there are still clusters of people loyal to domestic brands, but Made in China seems like it would drive a lot of those people away. Despite that, I'm sure GM has succeeded in marketing it to some of those types of buyers as some kind of Acura/Infiniti or quasi-Euro sporty thing.

It does look nice for the price and I'm sure it'll be the best selling Buick in the US in a while. I'll wait for the inevitable comparison against the CX-5.
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Subaru fans chalk their negative experiences up to being part of a smaller brand and character. Something about beards, lesbians, and douche-flutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12