VWVortex.com - ATTN. fellow car bores! Give me the most sacriligious opinion you have
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: ATTN. fellow car bores! Give me the most sacriligious opinion you have

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      06-29-2020 10:17 PM #251
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      RAM builds cheap trucks and it shows in their resale values.
      Builds or built? I thought it was well agreed-upon that the current gen was a big leap forward. I'm not a truck guy, but think the upper trim Rams are basically the embodiment of modern American luxury vehicles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      06-29-2020 11:20 PM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Builds or built? I thought it was well agreed-upon that the current gen was a big leap forward. I'm not a truck guy, but think the upper trim Rams are basically the embodiment of modern American luxury vehicles.
      Nah, you did well.

It's a great truck, and in your instance I think you got the deal you did because of the diesel. Do the HEMI trucks cost more on used market?
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

4. 06-29-2020 11:26 PM #253
      The Cayman is more fun than the 911. Year for year. Model for model (i.e. base against base, GT4 against GT3) the Cayman is more fun to drive.

5. 06-29-2020 11:27 PM #254
      Turbo cars will put a smile on your face more than normally aspirated will (barring crazy V10 and V12 supercars)

6. 06-29-2020 11:31 PM #255
      In turbo cars, DSG/PDK style transmission are more fun than pushing in a clutch to shift.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      07-03-2020 02:17 AM #256
      FWD doesn't ruin performance cars.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 GTI
      07-03-2020 03:32 AM #257
      Most people who complain about their cars being slow just need to downshift a gear or two and really lay on the throttle.
      Anything above 200 hp/200 lb-ft in a sub 3400 lbs vehicle and 260 hp/260 lb-ft in a 4000 lb vehicle is more than enough.
      Americans really are spoiled by not knowing what engines the rest of the world gets.

9. 07-03-2020 03:57 AM #258
      RWD in non-pure-sports cars is dumb.

People who actually feel the need to say excuses why they're driving automatics are pathetic.

"Great exhaust" sounds are annoying. I don't care if you have an AMG or Lambo, rev that crap in your garage!

All Miatas except for the NA suck. But the NA is embarrassing to drive. So Miata is never the answer.

All Porsches are bland and boring. I'd rather look at a Camry.

Power is dumb.

Cars that are profoundly embarrassing to be seen in because of whom they are usually driven by: Corvettes, 911, Miatas.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-03-2020 08:14 AM #259
      They only vehicle available overseas that we don’t get here in FreedomLand that I desperately want is an Alpine A110. Otherwise I don’t care about Euro/JDM only vehicles and I don’t give a crap about little sh*tboxes like the Jiminy.

And if the Alpine was available here, I couldn’t/wouldn’t buy it anyways (can’t justify or afford $50k+ on a 2-seat car with little kids).
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

11. 07-03-2020 08:23 AM #260
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-3 View Post
      Misspelling drives me bonkers. "Manual'' is a tranny you shift with your hand. ''Manuel'' is some dude's name.
      Well, technically, Manuel could also be a tranny.

Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI, 2002 VW Golf
      07-03-2020 12:11 PM #261
      Quote Originally Posted by chocofrappe55 View Post
      Cars that are profoundly embarrassing to be seen in because of whom they are usually driven by: Corvettes, 911, Miatas.
      It's funny, I grew up hearing "Miatas are girls' cars" so often that I didn't realize how ingrained in my head it was until I recently saw an actual girl driving a Miata and it was actually shocking. It was so unusual that it was noteworthy. Miatas are 100% highschool/college aged internet car guy cars.

13. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      07-03-2020 12:21 PM #262
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducman69 View Post
      Well, technically, Manuel could also be a tranny.
      Please forgive me while I try to stop slapping my knees.
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Vehicles
      2018 VW GSW 4motion - 2016 500 Abarth 5MT booty call
      07-03-2020 12:29 PM #263
      Most Coyote engine Mustangs with performance exhausts sound like ass.

07-03-2020 02:30 PM #264
      I Find the new Kia Telluride just looks like a knockoff Chinese SUV.
      His - 17 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB | 17 Shelby GT350 | 87 Buick Regal GN | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 19 Yamaha Wolverine X4 SE
      Hers - 17 Explorer Sport | 14 Mustang GT

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      07-03-2020 02:53 PM #265
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      It's funny, I grew up hearing "Miatas are girls' cars" so often that I didn't realize how ingrained in my head it was until I recently saw an actual girl driving a Miata and it was actually shocking. It was so unusual that it was noteworthy. Miatas are 100% highschool/college aged internet car guy cars.
      And old dudes. Tons and tons of old dudes. Miata.net might as well be sponsored by AARP.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      07-03-2020 02:58 PM #266
      Quote Originally Posted by newusername View Post
      I Find the new Kia Telluride just looks like a knockoff Chinese SUV.
      Yup. I'm pretty open-minded about the Korean brands, but I agree with you and think this thing lacks presence IRL compared to its glamour shots.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      07-03-2020 06:02 PM #267
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      And old dudes. Tons and tons of old dudes. Miata.net might as well be sponsored by AARP.
      We were in a drive thru at McDs with the top down in the E88. An old dude in a Miata was behind us, and despite us already being at the food window, we heard clearly the cashier ask him "Cash or Card?"

He replied "Well thank you, I like my car too!"

19. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      07-03-2020 06:06 PM #268
      Quote Originally Posted by DerSpiegel View Post
      Most Coyote engine Mustangs with performance exhausts sound like ass.
      Even stock it sounds weirdly synthetic. I need to drive something with a SBC.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

20. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      07-03-2020 07:33 PM #269
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Even stock it sounds weirdly synthetic. I need to drive something with a SBC.
      Yes, yes you do.

GM makes possibly the best sounding V8 on the planet.
      Instagram - efrie004

21. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      07-03-2020 09:31 PM #270
      Yes, yes you do.

Right after the Ford V8 Flathead.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Vehicles
      Fusion Hybrid
      07-03-2020 10:05 PM #271
      ATTN. fellow car bores! Give me the most sacriligious opinion you have
      This is only temporary, unless it works. - Red Green

23. 07-04-2020 12:42 AM #272
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      Not because it's a girl's car. That doesn't bother me, never did.

Because they're driven by 55-65 y.o. very uncool, sad looking men that look ridiculous in these tiny things.

I maybe saw one or two younger than 50 persons in a Miata in over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      This. An old man driving a 20 y.o. $2000 sports car pretending to be live and playful is just... such a cringeworthy sight. Sort of like wearing basketballs shorts and a wifebeater and Beats headphones.

It's literally the saddest thing I ever see on the road. At least the old guys in Corvettes are likely wealthy (while still looking like complete dorks). But Miata drivers are just sad old men trying to be "sporty". A lot of them are wearing oversized straw hats.

911s are driven by depressed doctors who only bought 911 because they don't know if it's ok for a doctor to buy any other expensive sportscar. 911 to a doctor is like beige pants and blue shirts. Obligatory.

Vehicles
      '13 Volt, '20 Bolt, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      07-04-2020 10:56 AM #273

Because they're driven by 55-65 y.o. very uncool, sad looking men that look ridiculous in these tiny things.

This. An old man driving a 20 y.o. $2000 sports car pretending to be live and playful is just... such a cringeworthy sight. Sort of like wearing basketballs shorts and a wifebeater and Beats headphones.

It's literally the saddest thing I ever see on the road. At least the old guys in Corvettes are likely wealthy (while still looking like complete dorks). But Miata drivers are just sad old men trying to be "sporty". A lot of them are wearing oversized straw hats.

911s are driven by depressed doctors who only bought 911 because they don't know if it's ok for a doctor to buy any other expensive sportscar. 911 to a doctor is like beige pants and blue shirts. Obligatory.
      Wow. People can't just like things, can they.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

25. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      07-04-2020 11:20 AM #274

You need a hug.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

26. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Vehicles
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      07-04-2020 11:43 AM #275

I bet you feel better now already.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast