VWVortex.com - Reverse camera ready?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Reverse camera ready?

1. 06-25-2020 04:14 PM #1
      I just purchased a Golf mk6 from late 2009 and everytime I put it in reverse I can hear the logo motor and surely when I look form the back the badge flips up. But there is no camera installed. Does this mean I can purchase one of those badge units and install it plug and play? Or is this just wishful thinking? *fingers crossed*

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-29-2020 06:49 PM #2
      i was looking into this too, and from what i understand you need the radio with the navigation button on it, that one has the hook ups for the reverse camera iirc, mine does not have nav so i cant install one

Vehicles
      8P Audi A3 2.0t & MK6 GTI
      06-30-2020 01:25 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk6gtiko4 View Post
      from what i understand you need the radio with the navigation button on it,
      not true, you can use RNS510 (NAV Button) or a RNS315 (Smaller Screen with NAV button) or an RCD510 (non NAV ONLY REVISION F & H) which ever one of those radios you connect it to you will still need vagcom/vcds to activate the rear camera function of the radio

just check the back of the radio, should have a 26pin camera input.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R 6MT, '15 Touareg Exec TDI, 2011 GTI DSG
      06-30-2020 10:36 PM #4
      Great information- I’ve got a ‘12 with NAV and this would be a welcome project and upgrade. I’m old enough to think I’d never gravitate to tech like this, but I swear I can park in reverse at 30 mph with a camera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      8P Audi A3 2.0t & MK6 GTI
      Yesterday 11:42 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Rocket88 View Post
      Great information- I’ve got a ‘12 with NAV and this would be a welcome project and upgrade. I’m old enough to think I’d never gravitate to tech like this, but I swear I can park in reverse at 30 mph with a camera

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      my 2010 GTI didnt come with one, and iv never owned a car with a backup camera or any of the new safety features. when i do use a camera in other cars it is nice in making sure nothing low is behind you and for squeezing into tight spots at arenas or wherever