Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2019 Jetta SE factory default stereo mp3 settings

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      93 Jetta GL, 2012 Jetta SE, 2016 Jetta Sport, 2019 Jetta SE
      06-25-2020 04:36 PM #1
      I put my music on an SD card and have noticed a couple of issues and I haven't been able to track down any good information for them.
      1. Some mp3s won't play. They played fine in my 2016 Jetta Sport. I checked and as far I can tell there isn't any difference from other mp3s (same quality, same image size, etc.).
      2. Some of my mp3s won't display the embedded album art. I went through my mp3s for the 2016 Jetta sport and had them all formatted to a size that would display ok. Now some don't display and I don't know why.

I was hoping to find any requirements for mp3s and embedded images for the car radio but I can't find anything. The Jetta user manual doesn't seem to address it and I can't find a manual for the store. Anyone have ideas on where I can find this info?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-25-2020 11:33 PM #2
      I don't have Jetta, but back on when I had Audi A4 2006, it had similar problem with mp3 playback by using SD cards. Some files would play, some would only be skipped - it was a known issue. It looked like a problem with mp3 ID tags - ID3: ID3v1 and ID3v2. Some songs would be coded with newer version of ID tag and RNS-e (audi headunit used in A4 B7) wouldn't understand it. There are mp3 tag editing software with can change the version, but not always it was successful.
      Again, I don't know if this case is something similar here, because this Jetta is much newer, but still, something for You to experiment with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      93 Jetta GL, 2012 Jetta SE, 2016 Jetta Sport, 2019 Jetta SE
      06-30-2020 12:33 PM #3
      I resolved my MP3 issues. I converted all of my MP3s to the 2.3 ID3 tag version. I also had to remove any accent characters (umlaut, etc.) from the file names (not the ID3 tags). This fixed any MP3s that wouldn't play or that would only show the file name and not the ID3 tags.
      Also had to change any embedded images to be 800x800 pixels or smaller.