VWVortex.com - 2016 CC R line or 2020 Passat R Line ?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2016 CC R line or 2020 Passat R Line ?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2019 Golf R manual BLK
      06-27-2020 11:21 AM #1
      Hello all...

I know its personal preference...however...

The CC is more stylish, but its a CPO and 4 years old....
      The Passat R Line looks GREAT in black, but is not as solidly built, BUT...Is BRAND new.

Do I go with my heart and go for the CPO CC, or, with my brain, and go with a NEW car, untouched by others...

Just seeking opinions....Things I may not of thought about before...

Thank you.
      John

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      02 vw golf tdi, 09 vw cc 2.0
      06-28-2020 12:35 PM #2
      What's the financial difference between the 2? I like my older CC plenty. The face lift looks sexy AF. But with a 4 year old car you arnt only buying a car someone else had. You are letting them pay a sizable portion of the depreciation of the car. With your 2020, it will be a further goal to pay off the car, you will be paying the depreciation. Your interest in an R makes me think you might not want to leave the car stock. Depending on your dealership some warranties that come up on your 2020 might not be honoured if you modify it. The 2020 though will not have been touched by anyone else. A clean slate, if the power plant and transmission are proven! So I guess it all depends on what you want out of the car. A daily with some bone stock power, or a daily for you to make your own however you choose.
      Had to sell my ALH. Now i got a 09 2.0 tsi cc, nursing it back to full health.