VWVortex.com - Motorist buys a Huracan & only gets 20 minutes out of it before it's totaled.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorist buys a Huracan & only gets 20 minutes out of it before it's totaled.

1. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      06-29-2020 01:18 PM #26
      This one is no fun because it's not the driver's fault.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-29-2020 01:39 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Def my favorite part of this thread.

Vehicles
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      06-29-2020 02:28 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post

Interesting that the rollover protection rods pop up even when the car is hit and not running/moving.
      I wonder if the rear wheel(s) left the ground on impact, triggering the roll hoops.

5. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-29-2020 02:45 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Meroving1an View Post
      I definitely did not expect the Huracan driver to not be at fault.
      I don't think anyone clicked on this thread thinking it would be someone else's fault.

This is closing in on the fastest accident I’ve ever seen. Back when I was selling cars when I was 22 I sold an Eos to a lady. She made it three blocks away, and stopped at the local IHOP for food. Some guy in a Suburban got the pedals mixed up and drove up her hood, all Saturn lady like.

At least the Lambo wasn’t destroyed by an idiot throwing it into a tree.
      The "mixed up pedals" was the root cause of the "Audi unintended acceleration" and is the reason we have the lockout so we have to hit the brakes to get it out of park. The woman who started the suit said to her neighbor at the time of the accident that she "thought she got the pedals mixed up", but then sued Audi. I don't think it was out of malice, I think it was to assuage the understandable guilt she felt for killing her very own child. I can't imagine. I think you'd have to send me to the funny farm.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

6. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      06-29-2020 02:57 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      The "mixed up pedals" was the root cause of the "Audi unintended acceleration" and is the reason we have the lockout so we have to hit the brakes to get it out of park. The woman who started the suit said to her neighbor at the time of the accident that she "thought she got the pedals mixed up", but then sued Audi. I don't think it was out of malice, I think it was to assuage the understandable guilt she felt for killing her very own child. I can't imagine. I think you'd have to send me to the funny farm.
      The guilt would be soul crushing. Easy for your brian just make up a narrative to shed some of the blame.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

7. 06-29-2020 05:44 PM #31
      Easy for your brian just make up a narrative to shed some of the blame.

8. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 05:55 PM #32
      Scape goats are out of style. Scape dogs are the rage these days.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      06-29-2020 06:30 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      This one is no fun because it's not the driver's fault.
      I am still down to laugh at VWAG problems. How does a brand new car's engine just stall?
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

10. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      06-29-2020 06:36 PM #34
      This is closing in on the fastest accident I’ve ever seen. Back when I was selling cars when I was 22 I sold an Eos to a lady. She made it three blocks away, and stopped at the local IHOP for food. Some guy in a Suburban got the pedals mixed up and drove up her hood, all Saturn lady like.

At least the Lambo wasn’t destroyed by an idiot throwing it into a tree.
      This just happened a few weeks ago. I don't think you can leave a dealership and total a car any faster than this.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

11. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      06-29-2020 06:37 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      I am still down to laugh at VWAG problems. How does a brand new car's engine just stall?
      You obviously don't know any old Italian.

Lamborghini means "Unreliable Whore of a Mother's Pig" in certain areas of S. Italy.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

12. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 06:46 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      This just happened a few weeks ago. I don't think you can leave a dealership and total a car any faster than this.

That's damn impressive.

So in California, he could just hand the keys back and say give me another one. Since he didn't make it to a public road, the contract hasn't been consummated.

13. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-29-2020 06:59 PM #37
      That's damn impressive.

So in California, he could just hand the keys back and say give me another one. Since he didn't make it to a public road, the contract hasn't been consummated.
      Thought exercise... What if he slid into the street on his roof? 🤔

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      06-29-2020 07:04 PM #38
      Then they sold you an upside down car.

15. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 07:12 PM #39
      Lawyer at my last dealership job would fight in court that if it left our property and ended up on the street, then the letter and intent of the law had been met, and that's their car now according to the contract and laws.

Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Then they sold you an upside down car.
      I have an Australian car so I guess that would be appropriate.

16. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-29-2020 08:16 PM #40
      Lawyer at my last dealership job would fight in court that if it left our property and ended up on the street, then the letter and intent of the law had been met, and that's their car now according to the contract and laws.
      Oh, I could see that going either way, legally speaking, as it was wrecked before it left the dealership. Perhaps someday we’ll find out.

I have an Australian car so I guess that would be appropriate.
      Things I learned today: The Chevy SS has right-hand drive! 🤓

17. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 08:26 PM #41
      Oh, I could see that going either way, legally speaking, as it was wrecked before it left the dealership. Perhaps someday we’ll find out.
      She'd find a way to win on that one, and set some hysterical case law. I can imagine the scene. "A car isn't wrecked until it has stopped moving, because you don't know what damage it has incurred until it's no longer moving forward, thus until that point it hasn't been wrecked yet. It's the clients car, they can go pound sand."

18. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      06-29-2020 08:33 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
      WRONG, at least in NH, technically not required to have ins. But you need to prove that you have enough money to cover the NH motor vehicle financial responsibilities. Of course the easiest way to do that is with insurance.
      Well, it's not 3rd party insurance with a purchased policy, but technically I think it's still insurance. Just self/first party. The liability and associated loss is hedged against by savings/equities instead of a policy document.

Quote Originally Posted by dubsix

[Pic of Brian the dog]
      Not gonna lie it's refreshing to see that typo the other way. My IRL name is Brian and I estimate that 30% of e-mails to me are addressed to Brain. Not joking and not a plot, just soooo common a typo. Never happens in hand-written stuff by comparison.

19. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      06-29-2020 08:36 PM #43
      That's damn impressive.

Who would pay for the wrecked car, the dealership insurance? I had no idea driving off the lot had any legal implications..figured that happened when the contract was signed. That said I'd like to revise my submission to this.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

20. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 08:36 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      Not gonna lie it's refreshing to see that typo the other way. My IRL name is Brian and I estimate that 30% of e-mails to me are addressed to Brain. Not joking and not a plot, just soooo common a typo. Never happens in hand-written stuff by comparison.
      One of my close friends is named Brian. He graduated recently from the Colorado School of Mines. Our running joke was that Brain went to the Colorado School of Minds.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      06-29-2020 08:36 PM #45
      She'd find a way to win on that one, and set some hysterical case law. I can imagine the scene. "A car isn't wrecked until it has stopped moving, because you don't know what damage it has incurred until it's no longer moving forward, thus until that point it hasn't been wrecked yet. It's the clients car, they can go pound sand."
      Note to self: it's OK to flip a purchased car at SOS' dealership but only if it doesn't skid into the road. "Excuse me sir, which of your cars has the shortest stopping distance whilst inverted? Perhaps a carbon roof?"

22. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06-29-2020 08:38 PM #46
      Who would pay for the wrecked car, the dealership insurance? I had no idea driving off the lot had any legal implications..figured that happened when the contract was signed. That said I'd like to revise my submission to this.
      Chances are the dealerships insurance would try and strong arm and sue the customers insurance to get them to pay. If the dealer lost, it would be on their insurance to pay for it less the typical $5-10k deductible.

At least in CA, leaving the lot is the final act needed to consummate the contract and make it valid. Until it rolls, either party can back out with no penalties.

Ouch on that video.

Note to self: it's OK to flip a purchased car at SOS' dealership but only if it doesn't skid into the road. "Excuse me sir, which of your cars has the shortest stopping distance whilst inverted? Perhaps a carbon roof?"
      Last edited by Sold Over Sticker; 06-29-2020 at 08:40 PM.

23. 06-30-2020 07:03 PM #47
      I bet, lol... yeah I imagine autocorrect plays a bit into that.

Vehicles
      '16 F150 5.0 S/C, '18 Honda Goldwing, '18 CX-5
      06-30-2020 07:59 PM #48
      Someone call the Goonzquad boys..they will ship that Lambo over here and fix it.
      '16 F150 5.0 S/C, '18 Honda Goldwing

25. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-30-2020 11:51 PM #49
      Fair ‘nuf. She’s savvy, and that definitely has a lot to do with it.

Okay, we have a new winner! Next up, raking the side of it down the garage opening, after that it would take wrecking it in the garage.

Vehicles
      '16 VW Golf 1.4 TSI R-Line
      07-01-2020 02:40 AM #50
      Guess these Kia and VW dealerships learn to drive cars being taken delivery of out of the showroom and parking spots before the new owner hops in. Not saying that isn't bad driving, but show me a professional car dealership that for example allows the customer to drive the car out of the showroom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast