VWVortex.com - Need help with hooking the alternator back up
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need help with hooking the alternator back up

1. 06-29-2020 11:15 AM #1
      We’re working on getting my A4 back on the road after an engine swap and are trying to find where connections go...

Off the alternator the cable that charges the battery ... anyone know where it connects to? The one with the “L” shaped connector (see picture)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Looking for ONE Luff M1 19x8.5 5x112 et48 wheel... please let me know if you have one available.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 A4 Avant
      06-29-2020 10:26 PM #2
      I could be totally wrong, but that looks like the one that grounds to the body. I think its under the passenger side frame rail...? Worth checking.

4. 06-30-2020 06:59 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by CactusAvant View Post
      I could be totally wrong, but that looks like the one that grounds to the body. I think its under the passenger side frame rail...? Worth checking.
      Thank you for the attempt, after staring at it and scratching our heads for a bit, I remembered that it hugs the back of the engine and connects to the top most post of the alternator.

Looking for ONE Luff M1 19x8.5 5x112 et48 wheel... please let me know if you have one available.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      1999 A4 Avant
      06-30-2020 08:24 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeVR6 View Post
      Thank you for the attempt, after staring at it and scratching our heads for a bit, I remembered that it hugs the back of the engine and connects to the top most post of the alternator.

Ahh yeah, my fault. I totally forgot the alternator was on that side on the 1.8. duh. Glad you got it fixed though