Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Looking for a thread on reaching around 425whp

Vehicles
      92/VW/G60 Callaway Cabrio
      06-29-2020 12:11 PM #1
      If someone could point me in the right direction for a list on what upgrades are essential for reaching around just above 400whp reliably that would be awesome!
      Love&HatingBoost

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-29-2020 09:21 PM #2
      upgraded turbo is a must....

and APR 3+ will do it

4. Member
      Vehicles
      shopping cart
      06-30-2020 01:49 PM #3
      You could also read Jed's, FAZED's and my thread. Take something from each and dial it in to your liking. Or don't even push your car that far.
      Also, how would you like to achieve that goal? pump gas? E85/ E-blend? WMI? MPI?

So many questions...lol

You can reach that goal on stock block and stock fueling, but you will only make 425whp at the boost spike and for about 1 sec. After that, it will immediately die off again. Depending on which hardware you already have or what you would need, you could look into a GTX2867R or the newer G25-550. Both would get you into your ball park, but you might have to upgrade other stuff like injectors and LPFP to make that number for a good amount of RPM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-30-2020 03:17 PM #4
      What kind of fuel do you have access to? What's your budget?

Vehicles
      '12 Golf R 2Dr Gray; '12 Golf R 2Dr Black (totaled hail)
      06-30-2020 10:26 PM #5
      2012 Golf R 2Dr Loaded CSG - Diesel Geek, Delete R Badges, USP Downpipe, Autotech HPFP, UM Stg2, Rebadge.com, Volant CAI, Twintercooler, LED Tails, TSW Interlaggos 19X8, CTS TOP & TP, USRT W/M, VWR Streetsport Plus, H&R RSB, SPM motor mounts

8. 07-02-2020 02:00 AM #6
      Yeah this is my question as well. Turbo upgrade but how much fueling. I have no desire to crack open the longblock or replace my clutch, and I want to do it on 93, with the W/M being safety and cooling on top and not part of the tune.
      Been looking at the CTS BOSS kits because my shop is familiar with them, quoted me ~1k install
      Frankly carrying my existing peak torque out to redline would be a lot more than 400HP...
      '13 CW 4door. UM Stage 2 Fully Loaded. CTS Intake, Spullen outlet, APR IC, BSH TP, APR Cast DP, USRT W/M kit, clutch switch bypass, SB Stage 3 Daily Clutch+SMF, Fluidampr, APR Short Shifter, 034 Dogbone insert, 034 mounts, VWR Springs+KONI FSD, H&R rear sway, Whiteline endlinks, VWR 18x8 Wheels, PS4S tires, TyrolSport caliper kit, DutchPartsCo front+side splitters, MaxtonDesign rear diffuser, Euro LED Tails, Smoked Corners, Black Emblems

Vehicles
      92/VW/G60 Callaway Cabrio
      07-02-2020 01:50 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Der Typ View Post
      You could also read Jed's, FAZED's and my thread. Take something from each and dial it in to your liking. Or don't even push your car that far.
      Also, how would you like to achieve that goal? pump gas? E85/ E-blend? WMI? MPI?

So many questions...lol

You can reach that goal on stock block and stock fueling, but you will only make 425whp at the boost spike and for about 1 sec. After that, it will immediately die off again. Depending on which hardware you already have or what you would need, you could look into a GTX2867R or the newer G25-550. Both would get you into your ball park, but you might have to upgrade other stuff like injectors and LPFP to make that number for a good amount of RPM.
      Well I’m currently APR stage 2+
      IE HPFP internals
      Catless turbo back
      Gfb diverter
      42dd intake

I’m doing a new oil pan seal and rod bearing today and lately was just thinking about more boost( not that I’m not always think about it&#x1f602

Looking to run on pump gas as well!

I’ve been watching FAZED’s YouTube channel and now that I watched his oil pump Balance Shaft delete I might consider that.

Also found it weird that Whoever worked on this last and had the oil pan off never replace the plastic chain guard is this something I should look into replacing or is it fine without it?
      Love&HatingBoost