VWVortex.com - And you thought it was over... CARB, Automakers & The Trump Administration
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And you thought it was over... CARB, Automakers & The Trump Administration

Hybrid View

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      06-29-2020 04:05 PM #1
      Remember this? https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ighlight=Trump

Ford, VW, Honda and BMW will stay neutral on challenges to Trump emissions rule
      General Motors, Fiat Chrysler and Toyota have sided with the Trump administration
      Reuters
      Jun 27th 2020 at 1:15PM

WASHINGTON — Four major automakers will not take a position on legal challenges to the Trump administration's decision to dramatically weaken Obama-era fuel economy standards but want to weigh in on any court fix, according to a document seen by Reuters.

The Trump administration in March finalized rollback of U.S. vehicle emissions standards to require 1.5% annual increases in efficiency through 2026. That is far weaker than the 5% annual increases in the discarded rules adopted under President Barack Obama.

Ford, Volkswagen, Honda and BMW struck a voluntary agreement with California in July 2019 on vehicle emissions rules. On Monday, the four automakers plan to ask a U.S. Appeals Court in Washington for permission to be heard in the court challenge "to ensure that any remedy imposed by this court is both appropriate and achievable," according to a draft of the filing.

Last month, a group of 23 U.S. states led by California, as well as the District of Columbia and some major cities, challenged the Trump vehicle rule.

Volkswagen said on Friday its "preference continues to be one set of national standards that’s achieved through an agreement between the federal government and California."

Other major automakers like General Motors, Fiat Chrysler and Toyota have sided with the Trump administration on the rollback. Those companies also sided with the Trump administration in a separate lawsuit over whether the federal government can strip California of the right to set zero emission vehicle requirements.

California Air Resources Board chair Mary Nichols told Reuters on Wednesday the board hopes to finalize the voluntary agreements in the "next few weeks" as memorandums of understanding with the individual automakers.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/27/...6&guccounter=1

2. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      06-29-2020 04:48 PM #2
      Eh.

He's going to do everything he can to kill not only the country, but the entire planet.

This is right in line with that philosophy.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

3. 06-29-2020 05:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Eh.

He's going to do everything he can to kill not only the country, but the entire planet.

This is right in line with that philosophy.
      Yup we need the basement guy and to defund the police to save America We need to ban gas powered vehicles because we all want to hang around while recharging and drink mocha lattes

4. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      06-29-2020 06:51 PM #4
      States rights, limited federal government, and mah freedoms.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Vehicles
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      06-29-2020 06:57 PM #5
      Could we just go with no President? Can't be worse than it is.

Whatever the deal ends up, we need 1 solution for the country. Cars are expensive as is, let alone forcing the automakers to have to deal with multiple powertrain certifications.

6. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-29-2020 07:01 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post

Whatever the deal ends up, we need 1 solution for the country. Cars are expensive as is, let alone forcing the automakers to have to deal with multiple powertrain certifications.
      My bet is that it won’t be sorted until all cars are electric, then and only then a decision will come down from on high.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

06-29-2020 07:14 PM #7

We had 1 standard for the country until the current Administration decided to nullify everything.

Vehicles
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      06-29-2020 07:17 PM #8

How is 1 guy supposed to pay attention to everything going on in the world anyway? Regardless of party. Might have been a good idea back when information was slow to get around and the world was still a big place.
      ಠ_ಠ

9. 06-29-2020 07:53 PM #9
      Its almost as if we need a federal standard... which we have. The problem is not the other 49 states and the federal government, its that California needs to just be lopped off like a cancerous limb. Just put a big label on it, "WARNING: This state contains politics known as the State of California to cause cancer." Make PR an official state, and then we won't have to redo our flag. Voila.

10. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      06-30-2020 01:08 AM #10
      Hahahahahahahahahaa

What. A. Joke.

You're going to blame starving polar bears, pollution, and air quality on Trump. You're delusional, out of touch and shouldn't have engagement with other adults.

The majority of all vehicles in the entire Untied States are impractical , not alone for your daily affairs: Stop talking like you give a chit, you don't

What's your 50, 60, 70 mpg mode of transportation to "just shoot down to Home Depot, or Fry's, or the bank?" Mines 80mpg. Stop talking like you care

90% of the population is fat (and or blatantly out of shape) while you shove 4,000+ calories down your eso-pha-gus precipice while you eat for sport. While food, has one of the largest carbon footprints possible. Stop eating with your mouth full, it's full, no need to shove more in Lol Vortex doesn't like the word eso-pha-gus

While the majority of the entire population is a criminal. Never been to your local municipal hazardous waste disposable centers? That's because you're a criminal. It's illegal to throw away a large spectrums of goods from certain types of light bulbs, batteries and other house hold products. And you're how old??...and never been??? Gee you don't say color me shocked!!!!!

Wait, you're never accumulated your 'e-waste' for the city bi-annual pickup? NEVER???????????? Mewh

This society will not only go down for just their TDS, yet for the most charlatan in history while complaining about everything.

- "I care! Orange man bad!!!!!!"
      - No, acutely you're opinion doesn't add up to support anything, it acutely shows the opposite. Your individual carbon footprint is terrible, now keep your head down & go get back in your 3800lb V6 rwd vehicle and run errands all day for the next 30+ years.
      Last edited by The A1 and A2 German; 06-30-2020 at 01:12 AM.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

11. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      06-30-2020 01:20 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by The A1 and A2 German View Post
      Hahahahahahahahahaa

What. A. Joke.

You're going to blame starving polar bears, pollution, and air quality on Trump. You're delusional, out of touch and shouldn't have engagement with other adults.

The majority of all vehicles in the entire Untied States are impractical , not alone for your daily affairs: Stop talking like you give a chit, you don't

What's your 50, 60, 70 mpg mode of transportation to "just shoot down to Home Depot, or Fry's, or the bank?" Mines 80mpg. Stop talking like you care

90% of the population is fat (and or blatantly out of shape) while you shove 4,000+ calories down your eso-pha-gus precipice while you eat for sport. While food, has one of the largest carbon footprints possible. Stop eating with your mouth full, it's full, no need to shove more in Lol Vortex doesn't like the word eso-pha-gus

While the majority of the entire population is a criminal. Never been to your local municipal hazardous waste disposable centers? That's because you're a criminal. It's illegal to throw away a large spectrums of goods from certain types of light bulbs, batteries and other house hold products. And you're how old??...and never been??? Gee you don't say color me shocked!!!!!

Wait, you're never accumulated your 'e-waste' for the city bi-annual pickup? NEVER???????????? Mewh

This society will not only go down for just their TDS, yet for the most charlatan in history while complaining about everything.

- "I care! Orange man bad!!!!!!"
      - No, acutely you're opinion doesn't add up to support anything, it acutely shows the opposite. Your individual carbon footprint is terrible, now keep your head down & go get back in your 3800lb V6 rwd vehicle and run errands all day for the next 30+ years.
      My DD weighs 4,000lbs, and has 490hp. If you're going to exaggerate lets at least get some points slightly correct.

FWIW, I've felt this way since I was a kid, so Orange Man Bad isn't the whole picture. He's just the current pompous ass, but there will be more. They exists on both sides of the aisle.

As far as everything else, man I've lived in AZ, so I could go on a idiotic rant based upon a caricature of things I saw in the desert and try to weave them into your posts, but it would just be a bunch of made up insults, and none would land, because that's exactly what happened here.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 01:25 AM #12
      My DD weighs 4,000lbs, and has 490hp. If you're going to exaggerate lets at least get some points slightly correct.

FWIW, I've felt this way since I was a kid, so Orange Man Bad isn't the whole picture. He's just the current pompous ass, but there will be more. They exists on both sides of the aisle.

As far as everything else, man I've lived in AZ, so I could go on a idiotic rant based upon a caricature of things I saw in the desert and try to weave them into your posts, but it would just be a bunch of made up insults, and none would land, because that's exactly what happened here.
      This is very true. Orange man is very bad, but there are morons on both sides, and they can't restrain themselves from coming out and showing how stupid they are. I'd be all for a party that based on common sense, logic, and moderation on all fronts.

CA certainly has it's share of stupidity as well. For all the good initiatives we have, we have many horrible ones, and we love driving manufacturing businesses away, even ones who produce the EVs we are trying to encourage everyone to buy.

13. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      06-30-2020 02:00 AM #13

Your dd weights slightly over 4,000lbs like your caloric intake, please state content in a factual matter just as I did . Man, if only you could see Earth outside the virtual realm of the interwebz, is Google broken or is every day online cat pictures?

I when people take factual content and attempt to group it with "an idoitoc rant" & "made up insults." while providing only words and zero counter content.. What's a matter, wasn't expecting that? Food caught your tongue?

Let's do $10,000 my content as a whole is correct within a responsible doubt.

Come on, do it do it, if legal in your state we'll set it up, acutely let's go with $100k, $10k is kinda mewh.

No, I'm not kidding: , I, Blake Edwards known as the The A1 and A2 German am entering into a legal binding contract with said party Sold Over Sticker on this day June 29th 2020.

"Talk is cheap" hence the term, talk is cheap, as there's no consequences for words...yet...you place a wager per a 3rd party which holds said funds...people tend to go silent. Or, just keep going because nothing's on the table, hence the term "talk is cheap".
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 01:22 AM #14
      Well maybe for some of you, to your liking, we can harmonize our emissions standards with Russia.

Vehicles
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      06-30-2020 06:43 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Yup we need the basement guy and to defund the police to save America We need to ban gas powered vehicles because we all want to hang around while recharging and drink mocha lattes
      LMAO. Yep, 100% orangemanbad dude. The Dems will save us. We need to appoint Greta Thunberg to head the EPA. The planet will be saved in 4 years flat.

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      06-29-2020 09:06 PM #16
      I’m all for 1 standard, but lets use the more stringent one. It’s the very least we can do for the environment.

I live in a CARB state, it is not a big deal.

17. 06-30-2020 02:03 AM #17
      Man... reddit banning The_Donald sure sent **** flying everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      87 BMW God's Chariot, 16 VW Sorority Special
      06-30-2020 07:08 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      dumpsterfire.gif
      if those libtards n’ yuropeans just let us buy bigger dumpsters, we wouldn’t need have to deal with all these dumpster fires *insert cherry picked dumpster fire data from dubious source*

Vehicles
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      06-30-2020 07:25 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by DrivinAW8 View Post
      if those libtards n’ yuropeans just let us buy bigger dumpsters, we wouldn’t need have to deal with all these dumpster fires *insert cherry picked dumpster fire data from dubious source*
      I think what the dumpsters need are particulate scrubbers so that every time we have a dumpster fire, the smoke won't harm the environment. Win-win.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 07:55 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Don't forget, in 2020, everything is racist! Even poor Aunt Jemima.

Newsflash, Grand Wizard.. this country has been racist since Columbus set foot on shore.

What seems to be disturbing your comfortable worldview is that 2020 closet racists are finally being called out.

Vehicles
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      06-30-2020 08:24 AM #21
      Newsflash, Grand Wizard.. this country has been racist since Columbus set foot on shore.

What seems to be disturbing your comfortable worldview is that 2020 closet racists are finally being called out.
      Yup, America is racist. Yuge problem. Yuge. Speak for yourself, pal.

Vehicles
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      06-30-2020 10:02 AM #22

It's comforting to know there's always a chronically angry person at the ready to correct my think.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 205k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 120k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

Vehicles
      06-30-2020 08:45 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Yup, America is racist. Yuge problem. Yuge. Speak for yourself, pal.

Oh, I do speak for myself. I acknowledge and fight the racist thoughts and beliefs that I’ve accrued over the years. I read and I learn and I listen to people who suffer at the hands of racist systems that I, as a white man, am not threatened by, and have benefitted from, and my parents have benefitted from, and their parents too.

In a number of cases, I have even reversed previously held racist ideals once I learned better. My entire career is focused around increasing opportunities for historically marginalized members of society, and STILL I find myself thinking horrible generalizations. But I’m working hard at getting better.

What are you doing?

24. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      06-30-2020 08:53 AM #24
      I love how this topic keeps bringing out the crazy posters. The last one was blackholed due to the racist trump supporters and it seems like this one is well on its way.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

25. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      06-30-2020 09:16 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      I love how this topic keeps bringing out the crazy posters. The last one was blackholed due to the racist trump supporters and it seems like this one is well on its way.
      Make TCL Great Again!!
      this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast