VWVortex.com - Squishy brake pedal
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Squishy brake pedal

1. 06-29-2020 09:43 PM #1
      So I've seemingly fixed my clutch problem, but now my brakes dont start to engage until I get the brake pedal inline with the gas pedal. Could my brake booster be dead, or is it more likely that I'm fighting air in the lines? (Still working on the mk4 golf gti vr6)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      90 Jetta Coupe 1.8BT, 18 GSW 4motion, 01 b5a4
      06-30-2020 01:01 PM #2
      have you tried bleeding them? i wouldn't think the booster would cause little or no brakes till half way to the floor. sorry i dont know the history of your compete repairs.
      ........... \_________
      ..... ,___/ /___l ___\\_____
      ...... l________l____/_____l
      .......\__( o )_______( o )__/

4. 06-30-2020 04:05 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by vee_dubb_gti View Post
      have you tried bleeding them? i wouldn't think the booster would cause little or no brakes till half way to the floor. sorry i dont know the history of your compete repairs.
      I have bled all my hydraulic lines, but when the car is on my brakes don't work until the pedal is depressed about 60%, and don't do much of anything until 80%.

As far as repairs I also have no idea whats actually been done with the car, I'm the 7th owner, and all I know is that the window regulators kept getting replaced, and the oil pan was replaced at least once due to one owner stancing the car and bottoming out on every bump.