VWVortex.com - Help Identifying Hose
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help Identifying Hose

1. 06-30-2020 01:43 PM #1
      I own a 2006 A3 2.0T and a hose near the back of the engine bay near the drivers side is cracked. Which hose is this? I have provided a picture of the hose.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-30-2020 01:48 PM #2
      I can't post a picture but its' a hose sitting underneath the power steering reservoir connecting into a large black cylinder in the back of the engine bay, drivers side.

4. 06-30-2020 01:51 PM #3
      Is it a hard one about half an inch in diameter? I replaced one recently that sounds like what you're talking about (picture isn't loading) it's a vacuum hose and it has an updated part number from what I remember.

Part # 1K0612041KC
      Last edited by Canabrit; 06-30-2020 at 02:58 PM.

5. 06-30-2020 01:52 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by PHXGTI16 View Post
      I can't post a picture but its' a hose sitting underneath the power steering reservoir connecting into a large black cylinder in the back of the engine bay, drivers side.
      Yeah sounds like the one I posted!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

6. 06-30-2020 01:55 PM #5
      I believe it is, let's try again with the picture https://imgur.com/a/u4NIAgB
      Last edited by PHXGTI16; 06-30-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Missing picture

7. 06-30-2020 02:00 PM #6
      I believe it is, let's try again with the picture https://imgur.com/a/u4NIAgB
      Yup that looks like it - to confirm, if the other end goes into the same piece of plastic as the temperature sensor, that's the one.

It's a bitch to get to by the way, I'd recommend taking the battery out.

8. 06-30-2020 02:01 PM #7
      Thank you again! It looks like it'll be a real bitch, but battery is already out. Where did you order the part from?

9. 06-30-2020 02:07 PM #8
      Thank you again! It looks like it'll be a real bitch, but battery is already out. Where did you order the part from?
      I'm in Canada so I used germanparts.ca but I see ECS has it and of course the dealership is an option. They go on a few cars and seem to be prone to cracking as they age so should be fairly easy to track down.

I actually changed that bit of plastic where the sensor goes because part of it snapped. Might be worth checking over and doing that at the same time tbh.

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      06-30-2020 02:55 PM #9
      That's not a power steering reservoir, that's your brake fluid reservoir.
      The hose next/below is the brake booster vacuum hose.
      If it's cracked then you'll notice spike engine idle and loss of brakes/ pedal feel.
      1K0612041KC
      Use some spit or really light amount of silicone on the ends when installing the new part.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/1k0612041kc/
      Last edited by punkstarkitch; 06-30-2020 at 03:11 PM.
      2006 A3 2.0T, GIAC, VF Engineering CAI, Miltek Exhaust, Bilstein Sport Struts, H&R Sport Springs, H&R RSB, Votex Kit, LED Tails

Can VAG-COM in Kalamazoo area.