VWVortex.com - Unitronics summer sale - Looking to go stage 1 tune
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Unitronics summer sale - Looking to go stage 1 tune

1. 06-30-2020 05:11 PM #1
      Looking to do the stage 1 tune from unitronics because of the summer sale. It's easy to get 91 Octane fuel here, every gas station has it in Montreal.

However the stage 2 93 octane is hard because only 1 gas station type has close to it and it's 94 octane only so it would be a pain to use here.

I know there were a few people here talking about skipping all the way to stage 2 but since the fuel is a no go I'll have to stick to that.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 07-01-2020 01:06 AM #2
      Have you messaged them to see if going stage 2 on 91 would be fine? I bet the computer would scale back the timing to meet the fuel requirement. 91 and 93 are pretty close in octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 07-01-2020 06:44 AM #3
      I am thinking the same. I follow this

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-01-2020 02:14 PM #4
      I don't have the downpipe that it says is required. Is that important? All I have so far is the AEM CAI.

7. 07-01-2020 04:17 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by sizzle1000 View Post
      I don't have the downpipe that it says is required. Is that important? All I have so far is the AEM CAI.
      It’s recommended on their site to have the DP. Honestly, the power bump is very small. So if you want to save on the money side, then yeah, just go for stage one.

8. 07-02-2020 09:23 AM #6
      So stage 1 it is then. Also I asked around and noticed differences in the price. Should shops that install the tune be charging a installation fee? I asked 2 different places and 1 shop doesn't charge anything and another one does. Sounds sketch that there's a difference, isn't this something that unitronics manages?

9. 07-03-2020 07:45 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by sizzle1000 View Post
      So stage 1 it is then. Also I asked around and noticed differences in the price. Should shops that install the tune be charging a installation fee? I asked 2 different places and 1 shop doesn't charge anything and another one does. Sounds sketch that there's a difference, isn't this something that unitronics manages?
      From what I understand, shops can charge whatever they want, minus the price of the tune. So if they want to charge a labor fee, then they have the right to. So, if you plan on going that route, just buy the UniConnect and tune from unitronic and do it yourself with a laptop. Watched many videos about it and it looks pretty easy. And Unitronic has a sale right now, so right now is the time to jump on it.

10. 07-04-2020 01:17 PM #8
      I found a shop that doesn't charge an installation fee. The shop rep said the fee is included in the price from uni so there shouldn't really be a need to charge extra, it's at some shops own discretion but not necessary.

11. 07-07-2020 10:17 AM #9
      Just got the 1+ tune from Unitronics from a place called VAG Motorsports in Laval, Quebec (great shop, they don't charge plus ironically Unitronics is made locally here in Montreal) and WOW giving me a MAJOR Vehicle Erection!!!! Car drives totally stock without any noticeable difference but when you step on it it's like the vehicle is on steroids!!! Beautiful! Love it!

Also the owner told me I'm not stuck with the gas from petro canada which is the only gas station around here with 94 octane I can also get 91 octane shell gas (no ethanol content) and that will work as well.

Very happy!

12. 07-07-2020 11:55 AM #10
      So whether you use 91 or 93 on stage 1+, you’ll be fine?

13. 07-07-2020 10:43 PM #11
      Has to be shell vpower 91 octane only where I'm from, other 91s have ethonol so I can't use them.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Jetta S 1.4t ( Stage 2 FBO )
      Yesterday 07:40 PM #12
      FBO stage 2 over here. Skipped from stock to stage 2. It's a lot of fun. Running v power nitro + gas from shell ( best 93oct there is ) . Needed a some fuel injector cleaner with jet fuel before running this good top tier gas. It's recommended to change the spark plugs so I am expecting better power output after I do spark plugs. Don't forget the ECU is very smart especially when you recode it ( tune )