VWVortex.com - Mirrorless Camera input needed
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mirrorless Camera input needed

1. 07-02-2020 07:58 PM #1
      Hi folks!

So we are looking at some cameras and I think we may have narrowed it down to a couple offerings.

FujiFilm

X-T30 or X-T3

Sony

6400 or a7 ii

I can’t seem to really nail down a choice, cameras a bit of a mystery to me. Thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      19' Tiguan, 14' StingRay, 71' Malibu, 00' BMW R1100RT, 2 C'Dales
      07-07-2020 08:17 AM #2
      The deciding factor is what lens ecosystem do you want to invest in. From your list I'd go with the Sony.
      Check out DPReview / Sony Link is below.
      https://www.dpreview.com/products/so...cameras&page=1

Vehicles
      987.2 | GTI
      07-12-2020 04:20 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 707Stang View Post
      Hi folks!

So we are looking at some cameras and I think we may have narrowed it down to a couple offerings.

FujiFilm

X-T30 or X-T3

Sony

6400 or a7 ii

I can’t seem to really nail down a choice, cameras a bit of a mystery to me. Thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated!
      I got myself a Sony A6400 as a smaller option to my Nikon D850. Since I'm heavily invested in Nikon gear, I'm not going to start over but if you're starting fresh and not sure about investing a lot, I'd recommend the 6400 to see how you like it. The Sony full frame mirrorless cameras are fantastic but expensive (though worth it in my opinion).

If you look at my Flickr stream with the Alfa pics, I used both my D850 and the A6400 so you can see their performance. Granted they've all been post-processed and taken during different lighting conditions, but it'll still give you an idea.

Here's an A6400 example: