Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Window rubbers

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      07-06-2020 10:20 AM #1
      So, as I wind up to start getting serious about doing work on my Q coupe, one of the big items that needs to be addressed is the window scrapers and rubbers.

35+ years of sunshine have destroyed the passenger side rubbers, not 100% sure I want to go the used route when the youngest rubbers will still be 30 years old.

Anyone have a source for aftermarket ones, or newer-gen cars that can donate theirs to be adapted?
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 07-06-2020 07:23 PM #2
      I've heard that Highland Quattro is remaking seals. Might be worth a gander.

Vehicles
      07-06-2020 09:50 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Amansauce View Post
      I've heard that Highland Quattro is remaking seals. Might be worth a gander.
      I'll check them out, thanks
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      '85 Jetta TD; '87 Quantum Syncro Wagon; '85 Volvo 2.4TD; '97 Passat TDI; '96 Chevy K2500 6.5TD
      07-14-2020 02:17 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      So, as I wind up to start getting serious about doing work on my Q coupe, one of the big items that needs to be addressed is the window scrapers and rubbers.

35+ years of sunshine have destroyed the passenger side rubbers, not 100% sure I want to go the used route when the youngest rubbers will still be 30 years old.

Anyone have a source for aftermarket ones, or newer-gen cars that can donate theirs to be adapted?
      I took some off a 2000-2006, approximately, junkyard Passat that worked beautifully. I had to cut the ends with a zip-wheel to fit the various shapes but they fit against the window perfectly.
      1985 Jetta TD
      1987 Quantum Syncro Wagon
      1985 Volvo 745 2.4TD
      1997 Passat sedan TDI; 1998 Beetle TDI
      1996 Chevy K2500 6.5TD

Vehicles
      07-15-2020 07:43 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Nevadan View Post
      I took some off a 2000-2006, approximately, junkyard Passat that worked beautifully. I had to cut the ends with a zip-wheel to fit the various shapes but they fit against the window perfectly.
      Oooh, nice. Those might even still be available new, if I can't find decent junkyard ones around here.