VWVortex.com - Address 7E8: 1 Fault Found: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Address 7E8: 1 Fault Found: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      07-31-2020 01:40 AM #1
      My cousin called me about the CEL popping on her 2019 SEL. She has 3000 miles on it. I scanned it and the code P0133 came out. I didn't clear it but the CEL went away . I told her to make an appointment and show the code. Car was hesitating and bogging down. Anybody come across this? With the CEL off, would dealer not do anything? I'm afraid it might be a start of what is to come so hoping they'll do something. Feel bad as I introduced VW to her ( her first one) and feel embarrassed it happens this early in the life of her car. I know warranty is there but still for a first timer, it is not a good impression

Sent from my J8170 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TablaRasa; 07-31-2020 at 09:38 AM.
      CURRENT: 1987 Golf Cabriolet Alpine White (QQ plates applied)
      MKV R32 (#959) 4mo Candy White
      B6 Passat Wagon VR6 4mo Mocha Brown Metallic (Daddy Mobile)
      Atlas SEL-P 4mo Plat. Grey (Wifey's Twin Mobile)
      PAST: MQB Tiguan SEL-P 4mo (Traded); 02 Toyota Matrix XRS, 93 Corolla, 98 Camry

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '73 Beetle (very slow), 2018 Jeep Compass Manual (less slow), 2019 Jetta GLI Manual (least slow)
      07-31-2020 01:49 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by TablaRasa View Post
      My cousin called me about the CEL popping on her 2019 SEL. She has 3000 miles on it. I scanned it and the code P0133 came out. I didn't clear it but the CEL went away . I told her to make an appointment and show the code. Car was hesitating and bogging down. Anybody come across this? With the CEL off, would dealer not do anything? I'm afraid it might be a start of what is to come do hoping they'll do something. Feel bad as I introduced VW to her ( her first one) and feel embarrassed it happens this early in the life of her car. I know warranty is there but still for a first timer, it is not a good impression

Primary oxygen sensor. Anything been disconnected, or any work under the hood done? If you didn't clear the code, it should still be in memory.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      07-31-2020 08:30 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by burgsprinta View Post
      Primary oxygen sensor. Anything been disconnected, or any work under the hood done? If you didn't clear the code, it should still be in memory.

No, she hasn't been in the shop or anything. It has a little over 3k miles and is yet to do the 10k service. The CEL is gone now but yes the error still comes up when I scan it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      '73 Beetle (very slow), 2018 Jeep Compass Manual (less slow), 2019 Jetta GLI Manual (least slow)
      07-31-2020 11:34 AM #4
      I'd get that to the dealer right away, because if this is happening, her fuel trims are going to be all screwed up, which could cause much more damage. The first thing I'd check would be the oxygen sensor though. Maybe it's bad, and sending bad information back to the ECU. Weird to happen on a 3,000 mile car though.

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      07-31-2020 12:03 PM #5
      I'd get that to the dealer right away, because if this is happening, her fuel trims are going to be all screwed up, which could cause much more damage. The first thing I'd check would be the oxygen sensor though. Maybe it's bad, and sending bad information back to the ECU. Weird to happen on a 3,000 mile car though.

Yes, her appointment is August 4. That was the earliest appointment.

Exactly , 3000 is too early! I feel bad. Hopefully it is not anything big
      Last edited by TablaRasa; 07-31-2020 at 12:07 PM.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 35th GLI M6
      07-31-2020 05:40 PM #6
      Probably just a bad O2 sensor. I get the same code but for my rear O2 due to my spacer.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      07-31-2020 05:45 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by 35thGLINoob View Post
      Probably just a bad O2 sensor. I get the same code but for my rear O2 due to my spacer.
      Yeah, but it it's odd for the oxygen sensor go bad on a completely stock car that's never been touched, with only 3,000 miles. You can't drive with a bad primary O2 though. Well you can, but not for very long, and not wisely.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      '19 35th GLI M6
      07-31-2020 05:56 PM #8
      Yeah, but it it's odd for the oxygen sensor go bad on a completely stock car that's never been touched, with only 3,000 miles. You can't drive with a bad primary O2 though. Well you can, but not for very long, and not wisely.

Infant mortality. Happens all the time with various electronics, just so happened to be the O2 on that specific car. I'd bet after it's replaced the car will run problem free for years after.

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      08-01-2020 09:18 PM #9
      Infant mortality. Happens all the time with various electronics, just so happened to be the O2 on that specific car. I'd bet after it's replaced the car will run problem free for years after.
      Hope so. But would they even replace it that the CEL is not there at the moment. I know it's in the memory since when I scanned it, it's there. But yeah , I'd feel more comfortable they do change it. For her sake.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      08-01-2020 09:20 PM #10
      I'd insist that they do. But as a last resort, I'd do it myself. The sensor is not that expensive, and it's easily accessible

Vehicles
      See Signature Line
      08-04-2020 11:48 AM #11
      I'd insist that they do. But as a last resort, I'd do it myself. The sensor is not that expensive, and it's easily accessible

She went today and they will replace it. They have to order the part first though. Man, that is sad for parts to be failing at that mileage. But glad it is gonna get sorted out.

But I know she is saying to herself "why did I listen to my cousin in getting VW" SMH

14. 08-04-2020 05:33 PM #12
      Bank1 sensor1 code on my 2019 Jetta couple months ago... I simply cleared it and it didn't come back.

I've also gotten error codes for temp sensors and boost sensors.

If any repeat, I'll head to the dealer.

o2 sensor---- no real drivability issues
      boost sensor--- NO BOOST for the commute
      temp sensors--- no power whatsoever and stalling

Gremlins need to be more consistent and repeatable.