VWVortex.com - TPMS Issue - 01325 - Control Module for Tire Pressure Monitoring (J502) : No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: TPMS Issue - 01325 - Control Module for Tire Pressure Monitoring (J502) : No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 New Beetle Convertible, 1990 Jetta GLI, 1968 Beetle, 2017 VW Tiguan HL, 2016 Airbus A330-200,
      07-31-2020 03:40 PM #1
      Hey Guys,

So I just got back from the dealer after having my bloody TPMS light on for a week.

The dealer was unable to get the light off and wants me to bring it back in for a diagnostic and I’m sure a rather hefty labor invoice....has anyone run into this before and figured out how to fix it? I let my battery run a little low and it seems to have triggered this warning light that is bugging the hell out of me.

I would love it if someone could clue me in on how to resolve this problem. I’ve tried setting the tire pressure through the trip computer without success and attempting to clear the codes manually is not working either.

Help!

Thanks,

James
      ---
      My Other Car is an Airbus A330-300 (Powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 700 Engines)

Technology that performs. Values that endure. A car that invigorates, never isolates. That's the Volkswagen approach to German Engineering.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 New Beetle Convertible, 1990 Jetta GLI, 1968 Beetle, 2017 VW Tiguan HL, 2016 Airbus A330-200,
      08-01-2020 04:12 PM #2
      Nobody has any thoughts on this???
      ---

Technology that performs. Values that endure. A car that invigorates, never isolates. That's the Volkswagen approach to German Engineering.

Vehicles
      17 Tiguan
      08-02-2020 07:48 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by A320FlyGuy View Post
      Nobody has any thoughts on this???
      Just thoughts, I’m not a professional...

If it started with low voltage, are you sure the battery / charging issue has been resolved? If so, have you disconnected the battery to reset all the controllers?

Ross-Tech Wiki has some info on the code. Just search 01325 Ross-Tech Wiki. You can use it to determine if you’re vehicle is sensor or ABS based. They also list some problematic controllers and software versions.

Again, just thoughts...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Vehicles
      08-02-2020 11:10 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by type17volkswagen View Post
      Just thoughts, I’m not a professional...

If it started with low voltage, are you sure the battery / charging issue has been resolved? If so, have you disconnected the battery to reset all the controllers?

Ross-Tech Wiki has some info on the code. Just search 01325 Ross-Tech Wiki. You can use it to determine if you’re vehicle is sensor or ABS based. They also list some problematic controllers and software versions.

Again, just thoughts...
      I will give it a try (disconnecting the battery) How Long should I leave the battery disconnected before i hook everything back up? Will this generate any errors in other systems when I reconnect the battery to the vehicle?

Thanks
      ---

7. Member
      Vehicles
      08-03-2020 10:19 PM #5
      So for anyone who is still interested at this point....

I did some more research and found that the error that was causing this issue lay in the gateway controller. My Tiguan uses indirect pressure monitoring and for some reason, the gateway coding was looking for a module and sensors at address 65....and of course, there was nothing there. So once I recoded the gateway, the issue went away. The system is now working correctly and the light has gone off.

I'm pleased that I was able to fix it whereas when I took it to Cambridge VW on Friday, they had no idea what was going on. So, it's another jewel in my crown....not that I'm gloating.
      ---