VWVortex.com - Brake Lights Stuck On
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Brake Lights Stuck On

1. 08-02-2020 12:11 AM #1
      Hi guys it’s my first time posting here. I have a 85 VW Golf Westy which should be CE1. Every time I brake when the light switch is OFF , the turn signals and side lights on fenders act like brake lights. My brake lights also come on with them. BUT when i turn the light switch on my rear brake lights stay on all the time and all the other lights turn on as well. Please someone help me i’ve been dealing with this for a week and i’m getting sick of it. Thanks in advance ladies and gents!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      1990 8V GTI
      08-02-2020 11:15 AM #2
      Sounds like you have a bunch of shorting happening at the fuse/relay box. Get under the dash and inspect what's going on. Follow the wires from the brake pedal switch and see what they run into.

4. 08-02-2020 11:38 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by prasina2 View Post
      Sounds like you have a bunch of shorting happening at the fuse/relay box. Get under the dash and inspect what's going on. Follow the wires from the brake pedal switch and see what they run into.
      Alright will do ! Hopefully that mess is all under there