VWVortex.com - Kenosha Rioting
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenosha Rioting

1. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Vehicles
      GTI Sport 6M
      09-15-2020 12:02 PM #826
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.DOH. View Post
      They were profiling the nerdy, engineering demographic?

Well, I'm screwed.
      Skateboard young lady.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-15-2020 12:02 PM #827
      They were profiling the nerdy, engineering demographic?

Well, I'm screwed.

Can you really blame them? I mean...

"First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

Vehicles
      987.1 Cayman S, GMT800
      09-15-2020 12:06 PM #828
      It is accurate though.

I have pondered it & I'm not mocking protesting. The idiots here don't have a legitimate grievance.
      They wanted an excuse to riot.

Did you even watch the body cam?

Are we at the point where anytime a POC is shot by the police, regardless of what they were doing, it's a legitimate reason to protest, loot, destroy property, etc...?
      Officers may have been completely justified in a particular shooting, similar to Mike Brown, and if those shootings were the only thing driving the ideas behind BLM, you'd be right to dismiss the whole thing as a bunch of idiots looking for an excuse to riot Unfortunately, these justified shootings sometimes still serve as a reminder of a legitimate grievance and call to action. Can't expect people who experience generations of oppression to sit around and wait for due process when it's something they experience personally. That said, looting and rioting are wrong, especially destruction of private property belonging to citizens who largely aren't the ones their grievance is with. I agree 100% with their right to protest and the cause they are protesting, regardless of whether any specific shooting was justified, and think anyone who destroys property, loots, or assaults people should be arrested and charged.

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-15-2020 12:24 PM #829
      I'll see if I can't screw this up. Footage at 1:25

Unless there's something I'm missing, that was justified.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      09-15-2020 12:24 PM #830
      So here’s an interesting one.

Morning March Seattle, which apparently is a BLM offshoot, or specific BLM protest?

Blm4 by Chris Stack, on Flickr

Staged a protest in Ballard in Seattle recently. Now I’ve only spent a day in Ballard, but I thought it was basically a trustafarian type $$$hippy place which I imagine is already largely sympathetic to BLM.

What’s interesting to me is the message:

Blm1 by Chris Stack, on Flickr

Blm2 by Chris Stack, on Flickr

Blm3 by Chris Stack, on Flickr

It’s anti capitalism and anti food desert. But it’s also anti gentrification.

So first off, don’t get mad at me for not “supporting” BLM if it is going to be anti capitalism, I don’t agree with that stance, and it has nothing to do with racism.

Second of all, how is one anti both gentrification and food deserts? I mean if you want more grocery stores but don’t want TJs to gentrify, what are you advocating? Maybe just open a grocery store yourself? What would you have TJs do in this situation?

And when TJs did try to open a store in a black neighborhood, this time in Portland, the residents kicked them out. Sooooo...

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...-about/357969/
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

7. Member
      Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      09-15-2020 12:30 PM #831
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Officers may have been completely justified in a particular shooting, similar to Mike Brown, and if those shootings were the only thing driving the ideas behind BLM, you'd be right to dismiss the whole thing as a bunch of idiots looking for an excuse to riot
      I agree, & I'm not.

You do see the problem here though. Protests like this can only do harm to an actual legitimate call to protest. Like orange hoodie douchebag, remember?
      This was not a Tamir Rice incident. This was not Walter Scott. This was a madman chasing a cop with a knife.

Folks need to discern between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by westside
      Unfortunately, these justified shootings sometimes still serve as a reminder of a legitimate grievance and call to action. Can't expect people who experience generations of oppression to sit around and wait for due process when it's something they experience personally. That said, looting and rioting are wrong, especially destruction of private property belonging to citizens who largely aren't the ones their grievance is with. I agree 100% with their right to protest and the cause they are protesting, regardless of whether any specific shooting was justified, and think anyone who destroys property, loots, or assaults people should be arrested and charged.
      I don't disagree.

McMike - It was.

Bird - Please blur my finger. I had horrible trigger discipline back then.
      Last edited by 2.DOH.; 09-15-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      09-15-2020 12:33 PM #832
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      Out of curiosity, why would you run in the first place? I am sure I could make the same claim if I decided to run from the cops, omg they chased me because of my ball cap! Maybe they chased you because you were running.
      I think I've covered the impact of the Rizzo policing philosophy in Philly on its residents here in the past.
      I AM DISCO DIVA!
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

9. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-15-2020 12:35 PM #833
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      I drove my daughter through a school opening parade yesterday. There were 2 adults and a kid protesting the parade with signs that said something to the effect of "give us school choices or refund my tax money". Should I take that to mean that my entire town is anti-remote learning? Or do you think that they might be a niche group within a much larger community of people?
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      fact; there are no, NO, ZERO evidence that washing hands...work.

10. 09-15-2020 12:50 PM #834
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      In 7 weeks, most of the country will be single issue voters. It's "anybody but Trump" vs the cult.
      Except that people will still vote down-ticket... Lots of people won't be voting for or against Trump as much as against the insanity of an exclusive racial identity movement responsible for massive rioting. Or against a party that's taken black votes for granted...

Is Kim Klacik a single issue voter?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S_Xl2eOeeY

You're not misunderstanding, just misrepresenting. I'm not speaking to the value of the specific issue being voted for or identity one subscribes to, but instead the lack of difference in value of people making voting decisions based solely on their identity or on one single policy. In terms of the substance of what they support. If you want to get into how I value the substance of a given "single issue" someone votes on or an identity that drives someone's voting behavior, that's a different topic.
      What precisely am I misrepresenting? Either identity politics, which includes racial identity politics is worse than single issue voting or it isn't. That's a genuine dichotomy. You admit that they are different, but seem hesitant to admit that racial identity politics are wildly worse than single issue voting, a label that GeoffD would apply to most of the country...

Identity politics are far more dangerous, far worse than single issue voting. Perhaps you're unfamiliar with one of the responses to racial identity politics:
      https://www.takimag.com/article/blms-hitlerian-heart/
      David Cole is a sensationalist and bears many of the same vices as most media hacks, but if you really don't understand why identity politics are more dangerous than single issue voting generally, that article might help you understand the direction that identity politics pushes our dialog.
      A person who reads disagreement and reacts by seeking to exclude the expression of other views admits his own insufficiency. - Zukiphile

Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-15-2020 12:51 PM #835
      So first off, don’t get mad at me for not “supporting” BLM if it is going to be anti capitalism, I don’t agree with that stance, and it has nothing to do with racism.
      You don't need to nitpick and decide they only matter if you agree with how the message is being delivered. All you gotta do bro is agree that black people are equal to white people, and that their lives matter.

If you agree with that, then that grocery store protest wasn't directed at you.

12. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-15-2020 12:58 PM #836
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      I think everyone should get a chance to live in an environment where the cops run roughshod over them.

It's really interesting and enlightening. Once I understood what it meant to be chased by the cops because of my appearance, I had quite the change of heart about law enforcement.
      Absolutely.

those who haven't should watch Footloose. Perfect example.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

09-15-2020 12:59 PM #837
      Officers may have been completely justified in a particular shooting, similar to Mike Brown, and if those shootings were the only thing driving the ideas behind BLM, you'd be right to dismiss the whole thing as a bunch of idiots looking for an excuse to riot Unfortunately, these justified shootings sometimes still serve as a reminder of a legitimate grievance and call to action. Can't expect people who experience generations of oppression to sit around and wait for due process when it's something they experience personally. That said, looting and rioting are wrong, especially destruction of private property belonging to citizens who largely aren't the ones their grievance is with. I agree 100% with their right to protest and the cause they are protesting, regardless of whether any specific shooting was justified, and think anyone who destroys property, loots, or assaults people should be arrested and charged.
      This is the funny. Despite several people posting the video you still waffle with "may" have been justified. This is the poster child incident of BLM, people getting killed while fighting the police after committing a crime.

I am really just at the point of saying, fine, you don't want the police here? We will stop policing here, good luck everybody! Then build a wall around whichever districts don't want the police.

Morning March Seattle, which apparently is a BLM offshoot, or specific BLM protest?

It’s anti capitalism and anti food desert. But it’s also anti gentrification.

Second of all, how is one anti both gentrification and food deserts? I mean if you want more grocery stores but don’t want TJs to gentrify, what are you advocating? Maybe just open a grocery store yourself? What would you have TJs do in this situation?

And when TJs did try to open a store in a black neighborhood, this time in Portland, the residents kicked them out. Sooooo...
      These places become food deserts because of these riots. When you have constant crime and cycles of burning/looting then it is really shocking that all the stores pick up and leave. Philadelphia few years ago had a new city council pass a law banning bullet proof glass in stores, saying it was demeaning to the customers, all the small bodega type stores either refused to comply or just shut down. Why? They were constantly being robbed.

I think I've covered the impact of the Rizzo policing philosophy in Philly on its residents here in the past.
      Ok, but why did you specifically choose to run from the police if you did nothing wrong? Did you think the police were going to frame you? Randomly beat you?

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      09-15-2020 01:03 PM #838
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      You don't need to nitpick and decide they only matter if you agree with how the message is being delivered. All you gotta do bro is agree that black people are equal to white people, and that their lives matter.

All I’m saying is that you can support “black lives matter” and not want to support “Black Lives Matter”, and it has nothing to do with racism.

I’m also saying the current strategy of “everything white people do is wrong” is unproductive.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

15. 09-15-2020 01:08 PM #839
      First, I apologize to 2.doh for joining in this off-topic tangent, though it does loosely relate to a larger problem around here closely related to the riots: fake outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      ...how many Americans does he have to kill before you think he's unfit to be president?
      Since Trump has killed no one, your question presumes a falsehood. If you meant to apportion responsibility for deaths among various leaders, (from the Chinese officials who seem to have managed the environment that has produced so many global diseases in recent memory, and somehow managed to contain this disease within their borders to a degree that strains credulity, but failed to keep people with coughs and fevers from boarding international flights out of China, to the U.S. President, to the NY governor who shunted sick patients to nursing homes, exposing the most vulnerable populations) then your question would not have framed as it was.

If you insist on an answer to your improper framing, then my answer is 1, and we're still not there yet, because there is a difference between killing someone and failing to save them due to neglect of a clear duty. There is an even greater difference between "killing" and making choices in the wildly partisan environment where "experts" can discourage mask usage to preserve the supply for medical professionals, but only Trump catches any flack for participating in that "lie" from his partisan opponents.

Have you already forgotten the earlier days of the Wuhan Flu/Covid-19 thread? Review them if you've already forgotten.

Trump shares some responsibility, but he is neither the most original nor most proximate contributor for any deaths in this pandemic. Blaming Trump for pandemic deaths, is similar to blaming Trump for the rioting. There are clearly other more responsible parties, like the individuals who are free to make good and bad choices that actually have spread this disease or chucked a brick at someone's head during a riot.

And when did you stop beating your wife?
      That's a fair criticism, though its unbelievable (literally) how many posters here were ignorant of that question's clear meaning in this context (pointing out that Time for an SS's question contained a false premise), or feigned such ignorance to stoke their fake outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      you're the most hypocritical person on these forums.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      That’s foul. You should be ashamed of yourself.
      So, give him a number.
      That's three people who were either genuinely ignorant of Stack's question's meaning or were faking. And a fourth, atomoicalex, who seems genuinely clueless, rather than faking ignorance. Only tool and sporin responded to this idiom in an informed or honest manner (unless I missed someone else).

Is it just me or does this episode have a bit of deja vu to it? I seem to remember someone else using "When did you stop beating your wife?" around here (maybe me?), and it generating the same fake outrage. It might have even been some of the same people expressing fake outrage, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember. It would be pretty funny if the same people are repeatedly faking outrage over such a common form of criticism for a poorly composed question.

I don't expect any better from A. Wilder, this forum's biggest troll at the moment, but the rest of you (Time for an SS, patrickman, and atomical) should be embarrassed either by your ignorance or falsehood.

Again, apologies for participating in the tangent.
      A person who reads disagreement and reacts by seeking to exclude the expression of other views admits his own insufficiency. - Zukiphile

09-15-2020 01:10 PM #840
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      ...You don't give a flying **** about what actually happened because you will still justify the rioting mobs...
      You just made that up because, I'm guessing, you love the dopamine hit it gives you.

I didn't say anything like that. He asked "are we to the point where even good shootings are protested" and I said we are because they didn't fix the issue when they had a chance.

If you're on the "systemic racism doesn't exist" side of the fence, then I wouldn't expect that you'd understand how people can get fed UP of watching people who look like them getting shot in the back or choked to death over and over again, but, if so, your ignorance and lack of empathy are part of the problem, too.
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

17. 09-15-2020 01:11 PM #841
      ... the top of government isn't listening.
      This is an absurd refrain. What precisely is the message that hasn't gotten through to the "top of government"? There's a difference between "not listening" and hearing what someone or a group has to say and reasonably concluding that it isn't a constructive criticism that can actually be used to improve anything, or concluding that their complaint is thoroughly confused with a batch of racist lies.

If your answer (to insufficient standards or training for police professionalism to inhibit brutality) is to de-fund the police, maybe intelligent people shouldn't listen to you.

18. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-15-2020 01:13 PM #842
      Quote Originally Posted by Slapoquidik View Post
      Since Trump has killed no one, your question presumes a falsehood. If you meant to apportion responsibility for deaths among various leaders, (from the Chinese officials who seem to have managed the environment that has produced so many global diseases in recent memory, and somehow managed to contain this disease within their borders to a degree that strains credulity, but failed to keep people with coughs and fevers from boarding international flights out of China, to the U.S. President, to the NY governor who shunted sick patients to nursing homes, exposing the most vulnerable populations) then your question would not have framed as it was.

If you insist on an answer to your improper framing, then my answer is 1, and we're still not there yet, because there is a difference between killing someone and failing to save them due to neglect of a clear duty. There is an even greater difference between "killing" and making choices in the wildly partisan environment where "experts" can discourage mask usage to preserve the supply for medical professionals, but only Trump catches any flack for participating in that "lie" from his partisan opponents.

Have you already forgotten the earlier days of the Wuhan Flu/Covid-19 thread? Review them if you've already forgotten.

Trump shares some responsibility, but he is neither the most original nor most proximate contributor for any deaths in this pandemic. Blaming Trump for pandemic deaths, is similar to blaming Trump for the rioting. There are clearly other more responsible parties, like the individuals who are free to make good and bad choices that actually have spread this disease or chucked a brick at someone's head during a riot.
      So if someone bares more blame than someone else the someone else can't be blamed for anything. Astounding.

09-15-2020 01:18 PM #843
      ...Wuhan Flu..
      Take that s**t back home, sport. This is right up there with "democrat party" as something you can only do in the company of fellow bigots.

...Blaming Trump for pandemic deaths, is similar to blaming Trump for the rioting...

In the first case, it's likely paranoia about the "deep state" and a deep distrust of the sort of people who rightly gave him bad grades when he was a lad. In the second, it's because of his rooting for Rittenhouse and playing nice with Nazis.

He didn't "kill" anyone directly or literally in either case, but he has certainly created an environment where people will die because of him, so the blame is deserved, even if overstated.
      From the npboards, home of "intelligent discussion:" ...Trump...seems to be appealing quite a bit to black voters. By some estimates as many as one out of four would vote for him. This may well be because he not only has a Strong Pimp Hand, he is also the most "******-Rich" man in New York City. In other words, someone they can both relate to and aspire to."

Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-15-2020 01:23 PM #844
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post

But they are "sCrEaMiNg iN hiS FaCEe!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris stack
      I’m also saying the current strategy of “everything white people do is wrong” is unproductive.
      You were proven wrong on this yesterday, and many days prior to that. Why do you keep circling back? Are you that stubborn, dumb, or trolling?
      Last edited by A.Wilder; 09-15-2020 at 01:27 PM.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      Wagon Queen Family Truckster (not the blue sport wagon)
      09-15-2020 01:31 PM #845
      First, I apologize to 2.doh for joining in this off-topic tangent, though it does loosely relate to a larger problem around here closely related to the riots: fake outrage..
      Please capitalize my screen name. I worked so hard to get that, so I'd appreciate it.*

*bonus points for getting that reference.

09-15-2020 01:46 PM #846
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      You just made that up because, I'm guessing, you love the dopamine hit it gives you.

I didn't say anything like that. He asked "are we to the point where even good shootings are protested" and I said we are because they didn't fix the issue when they had a chance.

If you're on the "systemic racism doesn't exist" side of the fence, then I wouldn't expect that you'd understand how people can get fed UP of watching people who look like them getting shot in the back or choked to death over and over again, but, if so, your ignorance and lack of empathy are part of the problem, too.
      Right, so it doesn't matter *why* something happened, you just believe in the justified outrage because it happened, never mind if it was justified.

Look at all the names that have been used to justify the riots and violence and let me know which of them were some hapless victim? It is literally a parade of scumbag criminals.

23. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      09-15-2020 01:50 PM #847

Can't do anything wrong if you don't do anything at all.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

24. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-15-2020 01:59 PM #848
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Can't do anything wrong if you don't do anything at all.
      I'm going to test this theory on the wife.

25. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-15-2020 02:08 PM #849
      Please capitalize my screen name. I worked so hard to get that, so I'd appreciate it.*

*bonus points for getting that reference.
      If it's A Few Good Men, the judge says "I'm quite certain I've earned it."

Or this:
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

26. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      09-15-2020 02:09 PM #850
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I'm going to test this theory on the wife.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast