VWVortex.com - Kenosha Rioting
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Results 976 to 1,000 of 1599

    Thread: Kenosha Rioting

    1. Geriatric Member @McMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2002
      Location
      Northern part of the Virginia
      Posts
      37,961
      Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-16-2020 03:54 PM #976
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Same goes for abortion enthusiasts. Don't care if you do, just don't bore me with how many you've had, and no, I don't want to see your collection.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2006
      Location
      NH
      Posts
      11,142
      Vehicles
      17 Chevy SS
      09-16-2020 04:02 PM #977
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      I've came to the realization a long time ago that it's not the guns I don't like.

      It's gun owners.
      I don't like a lot of them. I find them to be similarly obnoxious to motorcycle owners.
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      fact; there are no, NO, ZERO evidence that washing hands...work.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      11,093
      Vehicles
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-16-2020 04:03 PM #978
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      You're right. That's not too bad. I guess I'm just salty seeing the Golden Girls and Boys these last couple elections.
      What's baffles me about most of these ages (Trump, Biden, Sanders, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Warren and on and on amongst the political powerhouses in DC) is that in no other industry or employment area are people 75 and older so relevant?? Even McCain, had he won would have been the oldest POTUS at the time. I guess the ego and power is too great to resist...

    5. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,774
      Vehicles
      AP1 and JLU
      09-16-2020 04:05 PM #979
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Same goes for abortion enthusiasts. Don't care if you do, just don't bore me with how many you've had, and no, I don't want to see your collection.
      What’s the expression? “Vegans and homosexuals all think the rest of us care what they put in their mouths.”
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    6. Geriatric Member @McMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2002
      Location
      Northern part of the Virginia
      Posts
      37,961
      Vehicles
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      09-16-2020 04:07 PM #980
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I don't like a lot of them. I find them to be similarly obnoxious to Harley and Sportbike owners.
      Edited for accuracy

    7. 09-16-2020 04:26 PM #981
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      What did they do wrong here?

      A guy who is high as a kite on PCP, who claims to have COVID, and who is spitting at officers has a spit hood placed on him. He continues to resist, trying to getup and a struggle ensues and he dies from cardiac arrest. What are you supposed to do when you have someone on PCP fighting and spitting at you with a communicable illness?
      What did they do wrong? Procedurally with the arrest quite possibly nothing.
      By actively working to suppress the video and related documents, by attempting to prevent an investigation into death, it would appear nearly everything.
      There's also the matter of the emails that show the command structure of RPD not only participated in the suppression, but masterminded it.
      It shows a lack of integrity and morals. It shows that the adage, " just a few bad apples" is utter BS.
      The problems with law enforcement in this country is systemic. Top down corruption that won't be fixed if we allow them to fix it themselves.
      It won't be easy or cheap but it has to be done.
      Outlaw the unions, remove qualified immunity, require LEO'S to carry liability insurance. These seem extreme but it will take extreme measures to right the ship.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    8. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      15,935
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-16-2020 04:29 PM #982
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      I've came to the realization a long time ago that it's not the guns I don't like.

      It's gun owners.
      I hung around opencarry.org for a while. Those are definitely the people no one likes. If you mis-state something simple like, "The 2nd amendment gives us the right..." 90% of the users jump down your throat saying "NO, the 2A prohibits government..."

      It's like, F**k, people. Take any TCL What Car To Buy thread, dump gasoline on it, give all the forum members an ounce of coke and a pound of meth, a 20-lb tank of propane and a match, and let them loose on the thread. There are some that will not listen to any sort of reasonable solution.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    9. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      15,935
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-16-2020 04:32 PM #983
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      What's baffles me about most of these ages (Trump, Biden, Sanders, Bloomberg, Pelosi, Warren and on and on amongst the political powerhouses in DC) is that in no other industry or employment area are people 75 and older so relevant?? Even McCain, had he won would have been the oldest POTUS at the time. I guess the ego and power is too great to resist...
      I don't think that word means what you think it means. Prominent, yes. Relevant? "Props" to Trump for being an old fart who runs his own twitter. lol.

      Places that require great institutional knowledge. Engineering is similar. "I designed that back in 1943, I know exactly what load it can take!"
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    10. Senior Member Silly_me's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 1999
      Location
      The Blueass State
      Posts
      28,570
      09-16-2020 04:46 PM #984
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      I don't want to see your collection.
      Just like those fetuses, you weren't born yesterday.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

      Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

    11. Member westsideseal's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2002
      Location
      The Bay
      Posts
      5,981
      09-16-2020 04:58 PM #985
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I don't like a lot of them. I find them to be similarly obnoxious to motorcycle owners.
      They are magically summoned by referring to a magazine as a "clip".

    12. Senior Member A.Wilder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2003
      Location
      Raleigh, NC
      Posts
      29,662
      Vehicles
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      09-16-2020 05:00 PM #986
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      First, DC gun laws have been reformed over the last ~5-10 years or so but for a 40 yr span prior to that (when I lived 10 miles out and worked in DC) - they were the strictest in the nation, period. A private citizen could not buy or own a handgun unless it was purchased prior to '75 and then it needed to be registered (22K were in a database after the law was passed).

      "The Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975 was passed by the District of Columbia city council on September 24, 1976. The law banned residents from owning handguns, automatic firearms, or high-capacity semi-automatic firearms, as well as prohibited possession of unregistered firearms."

      So it was illegal for a DC resident to own or even be in possession of a handgun, regardless of where it was purchased. Yet even with that legislation, people still owned them, bought them illegally and used them often, as per the "1980s murder capital of the world" designation. If I had my handgun in my car after going to the range on a Saturday (in MD), and I drove to DC that day for whatever and got pulled over and it was found, I'd go to jail, no questions asked. Happened to a lot of MD/VA folks.

      Yet it never once deterred any crime, all it did was render the citizens being attacked unprotected. My FIL moved from NY to SC 20 yrs ago and brought 15 handguns and a dozen hunting rifles and shotguns with him. The 3-4 that were legally registered in NY he had legally transported to a range here in SC to pick up, the rest he moved himself. All unregistered. All under the radar. Every single guy that transplants from the north to my neighborhood, same exact deal.

      So...why do people think gun control is easy? Where in this country have any laws pertaining to guns ever meant anything if the citizens of that jurisdiction, both law abiding and not simply don't follow the laws designed for them?

      And all laws aside, do you think we can build new rules, regs and laws that bring 400M guns into any sort of DB or more rigorous oversight? That's the ultimate point. There isn't anyone you know that supports 2A and owns a handgun that would volunteer up his/her gun or get it registered if it wasn't already. There's no good reason for them to, so they never will. Go to any range near you this weekend and ask the nice folks there. See what they think.
      I didn't read your post. My point was that you said all guns were illegal, and that wasn't the case.
      signatures are annoying, right?

    13. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Posts
      44,560
      09-16-2020 05:07 PM #987
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Same goes for abortion enthusiasts. Don't care if you do, just don't bore me with how many you've had, and no, I don't want to see your collection.
      If you don't like abortions, you don't have to have one. Just like I won't buy a Harley.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

      Trolls ignored: 9

    14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      15,935
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-16-2020 05:12 PM #988
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      They are magically summoned by referring to a magazine as a "clip".


      pretty much.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    15. Member bave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2013
      Posts
      3,984
      09-16-2020 05:12 PM #989
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      What did they do wrong? Procedurally with the arrest quite possibly nothing.
      By actively working to suppress the video and related documents, by attempting to prevent an investigation into death, it would appear nearly everything.
      There's also the matter of the emails that show the command structure of RPD not only participated in the suppression, but masterminded it.
      It shows a lack of integrity and morals. It shows that the adage, " just a few bad apples" is utter BS.
      The problems with law enforcement in this country is systemic. Top down corruption that won't be fixed if we allow them to fix it themselves.
      It won't be easy or cheap but it has to be done.
      Outlaw the unions, remove qualified immunity, require LEO'S to carry liability insurance. These seem extreme but it will take extreme measures to right the ship.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      Ok, so they did nothing wrong. Then it's not really a cover up, is it? The only reason it is being called a cover up is to try and get a pay day and grab the spotlight in the current atmosphere and it will probably work.

      Carry insurance? What carrier would insure against these ridiculous settlements? How in the world are some of these deaths work $4MM? Or the $12MM Breonna Taylor's family just got paid? There is no justification of a number that size, so you can't insure against it. A comparison, a medical malpractice policy with 2-4 limits in PA is going to cost ~50k on average a year, without tail coverage. So, a policy to cover bigger exposures from these stupid settlements would be more than their annual comp. Add it to the list of professions you have to be a moron to enter.

    16. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      9,337
      Vehicles
      2021 Audi RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-16-2020 05:14 PM #990
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      Just like those fetuses, you weren't born yesterday.



      Man I am horrible for finding that so funny.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    17. 09-16-2020 05:28 PM #991
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      Ok, so they did nothing wrong. Then it's not really a cover up, is it? The only reason it is being called a cover up is to try and get a pay day and grab the spotlight in the current atmosphere and it will probably work.

      Carry insurance? What carrier would insure against these ridiculous settlements? How in the world are some of these deaths work $4MM? Or the $12MM Breonna Taylor's family just got paid? There is no justification of a number that size, so you can't insure against it. A comparison, a medical malpractice policy with 2-4 limits in PA is going to cost ~50k on average a year, without tail coverage. So, a policy to cover bigger exposures from these stupid settlements would be more than their annual comp. Add it to the list of professions you have to be a moron to enter.
      Unreasonable settlements? Who decides that? Who pays that? Insurance companies. Thats right most municipalities carry insurance for situations like this. Those same insurance companies do a risk assessment to decide whether or not to negotiate a monetary settlement. My contention is that some portion of that premium should be an officers responsibility. If you would like the officers portion could be incrementally reduced for not having issues.
      I find it hard to believe you hold the positions you claim yet have such a lack of understanding as to how your government works.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    18. Member TheDarkEnergist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2009
      Location
      Harlem World
      Posts
      9,879
      Vehicles
      Old/German/Broken
      09-16-2020 05:30 PM #992
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      What did they do wrong here?

      A guy who is high as a kite on PCP, who claims to have COVID, and who is spitting at officers has a spit hood placed on him. He continues to resist, trying to getup and a struggle ensues and he dies from cardiac arrest. What are you supposed to do when you have someone on PCP fighting and spitting at you with a communicable illness?
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      Ok, so they did nothing wrong. Then it's not really a cover up, is it? The only reason it is being called a cover up is to try and get a pay day and grab the spotlight in the current atmosphere and it will probably work.
      No wonder people refer to big money as baves. You're pure gold. I sincerely hope an off duty cop doesn't ever purposefully break your nose.

      I didn't even quote you or direct that at you, but you snatched it.
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

    19. Member TheDarkEnergist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 21st, 2009
      Location
      Harlem World
      Posts
      9,879
      Vehicles
      Old/German/Broken
      09-16-2020 05:32 PM #993
      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      Unreasonable settlements? Who decides that? Who pays that?
      In the case of NYPD police misconduct settlements?

      That'd be me. I pay for that.
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

    20. Member bave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2013
      Posts
      3,984
      09-16-2020 05:50 PM #994
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      No wonder people refer to big money as baves. You're pure gold. I sincerely hope an off duty cop doesn't ever purposefully break your nose.

      I didn't even quote you or direct that at you, but you snatched it.
      What does any of what I said have to do with money? I have zero concerns about a cop, off duty or on duty, attacking. I don't give them a reason to. All of these cases have one thing in common, idiots fighting the cops, carrying weapons, etc.

      Quote Originally Posted by vwguru714 View Post
      Unreasonable settlements? Who decides that? Who pays that? Insurance companies. Thats right most municipalities carry insurance for situations like this. Those same insurance companies do a risk assessment to decide whether or not to negotiate a monetary settlement. My contention is that some portion of that premium should be an officers responsibility. If you would like the officers portion could be incrementally reduced for not having issues.
      I find it hard to believe you hold the positions you claim yet have such a lack of understanding as to how your government works.

      Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      $12MM for Breonna Taylor is unreasonable. Like it or not lives have actuarial values based on dependents, future earnings, etc. In order for someone to justify a $12MM death settlement they would have to be making ~$1MM/yr give or take with a reasonably long remaining career expected. So, high finance, very successful attorney, who is also pretty young. Settlements are designed to make a party whole. Muni's generally have a large financial interest as well. A lot of major cities self insure or they have re-insurance policies with enormous deductibles and cost sharing, so it's not some evil insurance company eating it.

      What could possibly go wrong with unraveling LEO immunity from civil liability.... jesus christ.

    21. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      15,935
      Vehicles
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-16-2020 06:05 PM #995
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      In the case of NYPD police misconduct settlements?

      That'd be me. I pay for that.
      And 9 million of your friends.

      Department insurance only covers so much, so big and/or multiple settlements are taxpayer-funded.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    22. Senior Member DonL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 1999
      Location
      SE Michigan
      Posts
      22,590
      Vehicles
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      09-16-2020 07:00 PM #996
      Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
      Carry insurance? What carrier would insure against these ridiculous settlements? How in the world are some of these deaths work $4MM? Or the $12MM Breonna Taylor's family just got paid? There is no justification of a number that size, so you can't insure against it. A comparison, a medical malpractice policy with 2-4 limits in PA is going to cost ~50k on average a year, without tail coverage. So, a policy to cover bigger exposures from these stupid settlements would be more than their annual comp. Add it to the list of professions you have to be a moron to enter.
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      And 9 million of your friends.

      Department insurance only covers so much, so big and/or multiple settlements are taxpayer-funded.
      Detroit paid out over $19 million in claims against misconduct and excessive force since 2015. I think the city would have much better use for that money.
      "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

    23. Member bave's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2013
      Posts
      3,984
      09-16-2020 07:42 PM #997
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Detroit paid out over $19 million in claims against misconduct and excessive force since 2015. I think the city would have much better use for that money.
      Oh, I'm sure, but my point is that the settlement sizes are simply absurd. This is generally a byproduct of juries of comprised of sympathetic morons who don't have a concept of money. Tamir Rice's family settled for $6MM. Eric Garner for about the same. Forget the police aspect of this for a moment, you get lawyers involved in any situation any it turns into a lottery ticket mentality that hugely varies from venue to venue. Get a med-mal case in Philadelphia county and you are going to lose, no matter what the facts of the case are. Go ~40 miles north to Lehigh county and it is an entirely different world where even in a case of clear negligence the award with be a fraction of the Philadelphia venue. When you look at these police issues they are in major metro areas with very favorable plaintiff juries so you get huge numbers thrown around because the police are terrified of Eric Garner (as an example) going to a jury of local residents who sympathize with him and similarly hate the police.

      Hell, the best example in the world is Michael Brown's family getting a seven figure payout when that guy had it 100% coming to him. I think it will get interesting when the cops from Atlanta (I believe) and Minneapolis turn around and file suits against their respective departments and municipalities. I think both of those cases (Floyd/Brooks) will end up with the victim's family getting paid *and* the cops getting paid. That should go over well.

      Edit: My point, imagine if you are a recent graduate with an engineering degree making $100M/yr, and you are 25 years old, unmarried, no kids. Let's assume you will work til you are 65, 40 years. That means your lifetime earnings, today, unadjusted for inflation would be about $4MM, gross, call it $3MM net. The present value of that is somewhere around $1.5-1.7MM depending on the assumptions you use. Right or wrong, that's how life is generally valued, it's not emotional, it is simply about making someone whole. That is at an extremely basic level. However, suddenly if you are a minority killed by the police, you get 10-30x as much money? Even if was justified? How does that happen?
      Last edited by bave; 09-16-2020 at 07:45 PM.

    24. Junior Member JIA.B's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2006
      Posts
      56
      Vehicles
      2015 Bentley Continental GT V8
      09-17-2020 07:14 AM #998
      And the uptick in shooting of officers continue:


      I'm sure you've all heard of the 2 deputies ambushed in L.A.


      The grueling video of the two officers shot in OK, one fatally. Horrible ending.



      Since June, 11 St. Louis officers have been shot at, 6 shot, and 1 killed.
      https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/cr...5-55283c1dd97c
      https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/tr...PISTRAI2WJHMU/


      52 officers were shot or shot at in Chicago over the past year, including 2 at the end of August.
      https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...polk-spaulding


      Officer in Henderson county shot in the head and killed for serving a warrant:
      https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...fe/ar-BB18Txr9


      Veteran detective gunned down in Cleveland:
      https://nypost.com/2020/09/04/vetera...ot-and-killed/


      Deputy shot responding to a felonious assault call:
      https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/was...o-stay-indoors


      Antifa scum indicted by grand jury of shining a powerful laser into officers' eyes in an attempt to blind them:
      https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...ser-eye-police

      Video of Antifa pointing these lasers at eyes of officers, a mere one incident of many:
      https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...82456678936586

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      11,093
      Vehicles
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2020 07:54 AM #999
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      I don't think that word means what you think it means. Prominent, yes. Relevant? "Props" to Trump for being an old fart who runs his own twitter. lol.

      Places that require great institutional knowledge. Engineering is similar. "I designed that back in 1943, I know exactly what load it can take!"
      You got me there, they have experience and if they have a functioning brain/body... they have relevance.

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 19th, 2002
      Location
      CLT NC
      Posts
      11,093
      Vehicles
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      09-17-2020 07:56 AM #1000
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I didn't read your post. My point was that you said all guns were illegal, and that wasn't the case.
      Sue me. It was illegal to own/buy a new or used gun/any gun in that time span. The only people who could own one were grandfathered in, or you were employed in LE.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 09-17-2020 at 08:10 AM.

    Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    vwvortex.com is an independent Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Content on vwvortex.com is generated by its users. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG.