VWVortex.com - European S3 Intercooler Fitment Question
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: European S3 Intercooler Fitment Question

1. Semi-n00b
      09-01-2020 12:40 PM #1
      So I am looking to fit a 'European S3 Intercooler'.

After looking into it on ECS

.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_8P_A3_S3_Euro_Intercooler_2006_2007_2008_2009 _2010_2011_2012_2013/?salesrep=JMarusic&utm_source=fourtitude&utm_mediu m=forum&utm_content=JMarusic&utm_campaign=newpost

I noticed that this is the OEM part number 1K0145803P

But after looking up the part number on an audi part search data base, it looks like they were also put on the TT...

.genuineaudiparts.com/oem-parts/audi-inter-cooler-1k0145803p

Can anyone confirm if this is the same thing? The parts look kind of the same but kind of different? The one on the genuineaudiparts website is cheaper though.

Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      09-01-2020 03:53 PM #2
      The 2.0 TT and Audi A3 8P have the same engine configurations, which makes many of the parts interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      2006 A3 2.0T, GIAC, VF Engineering CAI, Miltek Exhaust, Bilstein Sport Struts, H&R Sport Springs, H&R RSB, Votex Kit, LED Tails

Can VAG-COM in Kalamazoo area.

4. Semi-n00b
      09-01-2020 04:56 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by punkstarkitch View Post
      The 2.0 TT and Audi A3 8P have the same engine configurations, which makes many of the parts interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      thanks! so the part can be bought at the cheaper price from the TT and still give me 30% more capacity?

didnt you buy one recently? i remember seeing your name in a classifieds ad for it, how do you like it?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi A3
      09-01-2020 09:02 PM #4
      The part number cross references the TT because it's from the TTS model, which has the same upgrades as the S3. So yes, it's the same. But ECS has this on sale for $407 right now, genuineaudiparts.com has it for $555.... unless I'm missing something.

6. Semi-n00b
      09-01-2020 11:46 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by npace View Post
      The part number cross references the TT because it's from the TTS model, which has the same upgrades as the S3. So yes, it's the same. But ECS has this on sale for $407 right now, genuineaudiparts.com has it for $555.... unless I'm missing something.
      the reason i am asking is this is because i was wanting to look for a TTS in a pick a part junkyard and try to use that intercooler

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      09-02-2020 07:46 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by imaginewagon View Post
      thanks! so the part can be bought at the cheaper price from the TT and still give me 30% more capacity?

didnt you buy one recently? i remember seeing your name in a classifieds ad for it, how do you like it?
      Yes, I bought the S3 IC from another forum member. I did not install it yet. I was thinking to do it over the holiday weekend. My car still has the OEM K03 turbo, so I'm not sure how much of a difference I will notice.
      2006 A3 2.0T, GIAC, VF Engineering CAI, Miltek Exhaust, Bilstein Sport Struts, H&R Sport Springs, H&R RSB, Votex Kit, LED Tails

8. Semi-n00b
      09-02-2020 02:19 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by punkstarkitch View Post
      Yes, I bought the S3 IC from another forum member. I did not install it yet. I was thinking to do it over the holiday weekend. My car still has the OEM K03 turbo, so I'm not sure how much of a difference I will notice.
      let me know if you want to sell it

Vehicles
      2006 Audi A3
      09-15-2020 01:18 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by imaginewagon View Post
      let me know if you want to sell it
      It's getting installed soon.

I found an old thread with the dyno performance numbers.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ed-and-Logged!