VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Mk4 3.2 fuel rail fuel filter idea or question

901 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JDub8 
#1 ·
I am in the middle of my 3.2 swap in my mk4 GTi vr6 24v. The engine I have is out of a Touareg. This engine has a single line fuel rail with no return or fuel pressure regulator on the rail. My stock 24v has a return line on the rail as well as a fuel pressure regulator. From the searching I have done people say I need a MK4 R32 fuel rail to use on my engine. But I was thinking wouldnt it be easier just to use a Mk5 R32 fuel filter with the built in regulator and plumb it just like an Mk5 R32 and just remove my return line that goes to the engine and run the return to the filter. I also know some MK4 2.0s are ran like this. So why wouldn't this work?

#3 ·
Any chance of some pictures? I have a 2.0 and the fuel lines have always been a little odd to me. Just one line running up to the engine bay but multiple emissions vapor lines running back. That and those engine bay rubber lines look dry rotted as **** but VW only sells fuel lines as complete assemblies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.