VWVortex.com - Recommended Coilover Kit Which Does not Drop The Car
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Recommended Coilover Kit Which Does not Drop The Car

1. Junior Member
      09-07-2020 10:12 PM #1
      I live in pothole and steep driveway heaven. I’m looking for a coilover kit which doesn’t drop the TT. Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Vehicles
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      09-08-2020 01:50 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by romanroman View Post
      I live in pothole and steep driveway heaven. I’m looking for a coilover kit which doesn’t drop the TT. Any recommendations?
      Ohlins Road and Track. They're pricey but well worth the money and both the best handling and most comfortable set of coilovers for our car. The new coilover kits may lower like .5" (OEM TTRS height). I have the strut kit that came out before they started making them will a collared sleeve that allowed you to run OEM springs. Mine have been modified with ground control sleeves and at full drop I'm only half an inch lower than OEM.

You can also change up spring rates. Their coilover kits come with 350lb front and 300lb rear. I'd swap the rears for hypercoils 10" 2.5" ID springs that have a 175lb-500lb rate. Might consider a 375lb or 400lb front. You could run both of those without having to get the struts revalved just run them on a stiffer setting.

https://www.ohlins.com/product/road-track/audi-tts-8j/

Last edited by ceese; 09-08-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Audi:
      2008 A3 VR6 DSG, 2008 TT VR6 Manual

"Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies."

- Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

4. 09-14-2020 07:19 PM #3
      Bilstein b14s at max height do not drop the car.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      09-19-2020 08:50 PM #4
      Another option which is the ST XT-A. Recently installed on my 2013. Replacement after Mag-Rides were leaking.
      2013 Daytona Gray TTRS, Tech, Heated Alcantara, front plate delete.
      MSS Sports spring kit, 034Motorsport RSB and Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearings.
      APR Stage 1, Rogue SS brake lines.

7. 09-23-2020 12:53 PM #5
      Same story with me. a 2013 with 40k. The Magride seems to be toast all over

I'm lost too. so many kits on the market. Just looking for the most durable coil over system for my DD
      The BC coilovers I had on my F30 were rusting/stripped after 3 years

I already ordered 032's strut tower reinforcement and mount kit thingy

Are the KW's street set not loved?

8. 09-24-2020 08:47 PM #6
      Anyone with experiance with the bilsteins on stock springs? would they be just as reliable as the v3 kw?

9. Junior Member
      Yesterday 07:48 PM #7
      This is my DD with a few track days I waited since June for Bilstein B16 PSS10 and finally gave up.

ST a division of kW. I chose the mid-priced XTAs for the included top mounts (like the Clubsports) which allowed camber adjustment, linear front springs with the option of switching out the rear progressives for linear later.

FWIW, from what I read on other sources, kW Cubsports >> v2 by track guys.
      2013 Daytona Gray TTRS, Tech, Heated Alcantara, front plate delete.
      MSS Sports spring kit, 034Motorsport RSB and Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearings.
      APR Stage 1, Rogue SS brake lines.