VWVortex.com - 12 Mk6 Jetta tail light issue, 3rd brake light stays on.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 12 Mk6 Jetta tail light issue, 3rd brake light stays on.

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta, 2008 Taurus X, 2002 Ford Focus ZX5, 1995 Subaru Legacy wgn, 1995 Chevrolet S10, + More
      09-08-2020 07:16 AM #1
      I have just installed some LED bulbs into the back of my 2012 MKVI Jetta and I am now experiencing an issue. It seems now my 3rd brake light stays on at all times, although not at full strength. I assume it has to do with the replacement bulbs internal resistance, or something like that. I did try reading through the forums but after the first 7 pages of posts and the sticky’s, I could not find what I was looking for. Is there a quick fix for this, is this an issue that needs to be programmed out? Any of you that have experienced this issue that could offer any pointers would be great!!!!

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Yesterday 10:04 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Unfocused View Post
      I assume it has to do with the replacement bulbs internal resistance, or something like that.
      Probably. Use the correct bulbs - or add a load resistor - whoever sold you the auto bulbs should have something appropriate.