VWVortex.com - Help, Led strip under headlight opposite blinker blinks.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Help, Led strip under headlight opposite blinker blinks.

1. Junior Member
      09-11-2020 01:09 PM #1
      Hello all,

When my turn signal is on the opposite side white led light flashes too, I am sure this is something I did doing mods with ODB11. If someone can tell me how to fix this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI Performance
      09-11-2020 04:10 PM #2
      Undo the coding changes you made using whatever Obdeleven keeps as history?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      VW Golf mkVII 103TSI Highline (1.4L Turbo)
      09-11-2020 09:47 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Scdude50 View Post
      Hello all,

When my turn signal is on the opposite side white led light flashes too, I am sure this is something I did doing mods with ODB11. If someone can tell me how to fix this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott
      Scott: Hi. I suspect that you have applied the wrong "Hellphase" Leuchte-command in your changes. The turn/signal command is like this:
      • For turning left "Blinken links Hellphase"
      • For turning right "Blinken rechts Hellphase"

It's important to apply the left-side Leuchte-command to the Leuchte-set for the left-side lamp (which will have a "L" in its name) and likewise for the right-side lamp (which will have a "R" in its name). Otherwise, when you indicate to turn, the light on the wrong side of the car will flash - as you describe.

So, as OP suggests, check your History report for changes using the Hellphase (or perhaps "Dunkelphase") commands

Don

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Junior Member
      09-14-2020 09:24 PM #4
      My car is a 2017 GTI Autobahn just for reference, are you referring to the blinker mod going from 3 to 5? I do't see the verbiage you are calling out used there or in any other adjustment I have made with the ODB11.

Thanks,

Scott

7. Member
      Vehicles
      09-15-2020 12:03 AM #5
      My car is a 2017 GTI Autobahn just for reference, are you referring to the blinker mod going from 3 to 5? I do't see the verbiage you are calling out used there or in any other adjustment I have made with the ODB11.

Thanks,

Scott
      Scott: No, I ain't referring to the "blinker mod". I'm referring to the Leuchte-commands that tell the lamp what lighting function to operate.

A mk7 Golf (and ALL MQB platform vehicles) has an individual "Leuchte-set" for each of the 35 x exterior lamps on the car. These Leuchte-sets are in the control module that OBD11 calls the central electrics module (i.e. the module that lives @ address hex09 on the CAN network). A Leuchte-set (for examle Leuchte21BR RC8) is made-up of 19 x adaptation channels like this:
      Lasttyp
      Lampendefektbitposition
      Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC
      Lichtfunktion A
      Lichtfunktion B
      Dimmwert AB
      Lichtansteuerung HD AB
      Lichtfunktion C
      Lichtfunktion D
      Dimmwert CD
      Dimming Direction CD
      Lichtfunktion E
      Lichtfunktion F
      Dimmwert EF
      Dimming Direction EF
      Lichtfunktion G
      Lichtfunktion H
      Dimmwert GH

Each of the Lichtfunktion (A, B, C....H) channels above can be programmed to perform a different lighting function - so an individual lamp can be made to operate in up to 8 x different ways. Clearly, the left/right turn signal lamps are factory programmed to operate as blinkers and the Leuchte-commands that are used for this purpose are Blinken links/rechts Hellphase , or Blinken links/rechts Dunkelphase - as I described in my previous post.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "opposite side white led light" - we don't get many 2017 GTI Autobahns (North American cars) down here in the very deep south . But I'm guessing that the Leuchte-set for this "white led" lamp might have been incorrectly programmed by applying a left-side Leuchte-command on a right-side lamp (and/or vice-a-versa).

I suggest that you look through the records in History using OBD11 for changes that were made to the car involving the "Hellphase", or "Dunkelphase" Leuchte-command. Check that the correct version of these commands have been applied to the correct side Leuchte-set (the name of the Leuchte-set will contain a "L", or "R" for Left and Right side lamps respectively).

Don
      Last edited by DV52; 09-15-2020 at 12:06 AM.

8. Junior Member
      09-15-2020 12:41 AM #6
      What I am talking about is that when i use the turn signal for either side the opposite side white lights under the headlight flash along with the turn signal. So with no turn signal selected there are two lights one each below the headlights that are on, when you signal that light goes out for that side. I hope that clears up what I am trying to explain. I will go back through the history and look for the commands you mention.

Thanks,

Scott

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI Performance
      09-16-2020 11:42 AM #7
      What I am talking about is that when i use the turn signal for either side the opposite side white lights under the headlight flash along with the turn signal. So with no turn signal selected there are two lights one each below the headlights that are on, when you signal that light goes out for that side. I hope that clears up what I am trying to explain. I will go back through the history and look for the commands you mention.

Thanks,

Scott
      As Don said, you have mixed up hellphase and dunkelphase somewhere along the line. His post above quite likely contains your fix.

10. Internet Lighting Police
      09-16-2020 08:54 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by nype View Post
      As Don said, you have mixed up hellphase and dunkelphase somewhere along the line. His post above quite likely contains your fix.
      Just to clarify, since Scdude50 didn't seem to "get it" - "Hell phase" means "bright/light phase" (i.e. "on"), while Dunkel phase means dark phase (i.e. off)

VCDS/OBD11 is not for the faint of heart - you really need to have a general understanding of what you are doing or else you'll really screw stuff up.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 GTI Performance
      09-16-2020 09:10 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
      Just to clarify, since Scdude50 didn't seem to "get it" - "Hell phase" means "bright/light phase" (i.e. "on"), while Dunkel phase means dark phase (i.e. off)

VCDS/OBD11 is not for the faint of heart - you really need to have a general understanding of what you are doing or else you'll really screw stuff up.
      No kidding. Not to mention links/rechts (left/right) etc.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      09-16-2020 09:11 PM #10

Thanks,

Scott
      Scott: haha ... it's probably my thick Australian accent that's causing the confusion but your sentences appear to contradict each other

First sentence = "when i use the turn signal for either side the opposite side white lights under the headlight flash along with the turn signal"
      Second sentence = "So with no turn signal selected there are two lights one each below the headlights that are on, when you signal that light goes out for that side"

The first sentence definitely sounds like an error in coding. The second sentence sounds like what's called "DRL wink" - which is often a factory programmed feature

Don