VWVortex.com - Best place for cheap Honda body parts?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge

Thread: Best place for cheap Honda body parts?

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-13-2020 03:47 PM #1
      I mentioned in another thread that I helped my SIL close on a new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Her old car was a 2007 Honda Civic LX Sedan. She was going to donate it but I offered her $500 for it. It has 125K on the clock and the AC doesn't blow very cold (hoping it just needs a recharge), but otherwise it's in pretty good shape. Just needs some cosmetic stuff done. I'm going to give the car to my son who is 16 and working on getting his license; slow process since the pandemic. List of things the car needs is:

-Drip rails for drvr and pass sides
      -Window belt molding on all four doors
      -Center console latch
      -Headlamp assemblies (optional as we could just sand the old ones)

Otherwise the car is a just a deep detailing away from being a decent in-town runabout for my boy.

Searching prices and they're all over the map. Most of the OEM parts I see online will add up to what I paid for the car. Maybe that's a decent deal. Or should I just risk the non-OEM stuff I see on Amazon? I'm just not sure what's worth spending on a 13 year old car with that many miles. I'm guessing that cleaned up, the car would be worth about $2500. I'm not planning to flip it. He can drive it till the wheels fall off. Hopefully it makes it through college for him.
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      09-13-2020 04:19 PM #2
      125k isnt many miles on a well maintained civic, if its an auto and fluid isnt black do it a favor and put some fresh Honda DW-1 fluid

Personally Id just go aftermarket on the lights, the rest salvage yard if you wanna be cheap

Cheapest online for genuine parts in my experience is
      https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
      Last edited by ImpeccableNEW; 09-13-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-13-2020 07:53 PM #3
      🍺
      "First, I'm going to go down on you real slow and make you happy. Then I'm going climb up and fvck you hard." - Gas Prices

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Passat 6-speed; 2017 Tiguan 4-Motion; 2021 Atlas 4-Motion; 1981 Vanagon
      09-13-2020 08:42 PM #4
      Body parts for a cheap Honda can be ordered here:

https://www.lkqonline.com/

They specialize in used parts and aftermarket new parts. Their customers are mostly body shops. As with many things, it is “buyer beware”.

Alpinweiß 2
      2008 Passat 6-speed manual; 2017 Tiguan 4-Motion; 2021 Atlas 4-Motion;
      1981 Vanagon
      formerly Alpinweiss (Alpinweiß)

Vehicles
      392+485=LOL
      09-14-2020 08:47 AM #5
      Thank you! 🍺