VWVortex.com - Fault code P2006 mean bad intake manifold?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Fault code P2006 mean bad intake manifold?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI Edition 30
      09-19-2020 08:21 PM #1
      So Ive been getting a repeat P2006 fault code on my 2014 GLI with 96K miles on it. Code translates to faulty intake runner, bank 1, so I assume this means the intake manifold on my car has gone bad? Iíve googled and searched here but canít find other people with this specific code and then replacing the intake manifold. I donít want to aimlessly throw money at the car so can someone confirm this is the fix for this...the car runs fine otherwise.

Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 VW golf 2.0L
      09-19-2020 09:27 PM #2
      Usually thatís what it is. Check the end of your intake on the driver side where the vacuum diaphragm is. Youíll see the rod going to the intake itself. If where the pivot is located and is popped out replace it. Either way Iíd replace it at that mileage. Also when you do check for carbon build up on the intake valves. Clean those bastards for sure. And replace all of the fuel injector o-rings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI Edition 30
      09-20-2020 05:21 AM #3
      Thanks, thatís what I figured. I was aware of the potential carbon buildup issue and would definitely like to take care of that while Iím in there. Is it a giant pain in the ass without media blasting it with walnut shells? I really didnít want to pay someone to do all that because the manifold replacement I can do myself.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. n00b
      Vehicles
      2003 VW golf 2.0L
      09-20-2020 03:31 PM #4
      Itís not that much of a pain in the ass without media blasting just will take much longer. Also want to make sure you keep the valves closed when cleaning each one. Seen a guy let a couple chunks drop into the cylinder and **** his engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk